Neurosurgeon in Morristown, New Jersey (NJ)
John J. Knightly MD
- Atlantic NeuroSurgical Specialists: Main Office310 Madison Avenue, Suite 300Morristown, New Jersey, 07960 - United StatesPhone: 973-285-7800
- ANS: Neptune3700 Route 33, Suite BNeptune, New Jersey, 07753 - United StatesPhone: 732-455-8225
About Our Practice
I am board-certified in neurosurgery and fellowship-trained in complex spine. I specialize in complex spine surgery, minimally invasive spine surgery, stereotactic Cyber knife radio-surgery, tumors of the spine, deformity and trauma.
I received my Bachelor of Arts degree from Franklin and Marshall College and my medical degree from The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. I finished my post-graduate and residency training at the Bethesda Naval Hospital and fellowships at the National Institutes of Health (surgical neurology research) and The Children’s Hospital in Boston (pediatric neurology). I completed a fellowship in complex spine at The Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix and advanced training in trauma at the Shock-Trauma Center in Baltimore.
In addition to being director of ANS's Spine Center and Concussion Center, I serve as director of neurosurgery at Morristown Memorial Hospital and the vice-chairman of Atlantic Health Institute, where I serve as medical director of the neuro-spine team. I also serve as co-founder and director of the Concussion Center at the Atlantic Neuroscience Institute.
Named one of the “20 Surgeon Leaders in Independent Spine & Neurosurgical Groups” by Becker’s Orthopedic, Spine & Pain Management Review, I am consistently listed as one of the Best Doctors in America and New Jersey and am included in “Who’s Who in America.” The former neuro-trauma consultant for the National Football League and New York Jets, I frequently lecture and publish articles on spinal surgical techniques and quality improvement in neurosurgery.
For my complete bio, please visit ansdocs.com.
- Board Certified
- Fellowship Trained
- Degenerative Spine
- Spinal Deformity
- Tumor / Infection
- AANS-CNS Section on Disorders of the Spine
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Overlook Medical Center
- Morristown Memorial Hospital, Morristown NJ
- Somerset Medical Center, Somerville NJ area
- Mountainside Hospital, Montclair, NJ