Back Pain Exercise Video: Curl-up (Crunch)
Curl-ups, also known as crunches, will strengthen your abdominal muscles and stabilize your core.
- Start on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Cross your arms over your chest and slowly raise your head, neck, and upper back as you exhale and squeeze your abdominal muscles.
- Inhale as you slowly lower yourself to the floor.
- Repeat 10 times and work up to 3 sets.
To increase the effectiveness of the curl-up:
- Put your hands behind your neck with your elbows wide.
- Do the curl-up as described before.
Only do the exercise shown in this video if a qualified spine specialist has recommended it. Only do the exercise within the limits that your spine specialist has advised. Do not do the exercise without your spine specialist's approval; it could lead to serious injury. Always contact your spine specialist if you have any questions regarding your back or neck condition or about the suitability of this specific exercise.