SpineUniverse Community Advice
Get help and share your story with others who know what you're going through.
Please register or log in to join the discussions!

Cervical Spinal Stenosis

Started by 172595898764216... on 06/22/2016 3:38pm

I have been diagnosed with this since 2003 and have seen multiple Doctors and received multiple treatments such as injection \blocks Physical therapy \Pain medication of all sorts . I have been told I need surgery by several doctors..But never could afford it .....Since April 2010 I have been unable to work and am awaiting a court date on an \Appeal for Social Security Disability....I have been denied FIVE times !!!! And now I'm experiencing more pain \ numbness tingling in \down my left leg ...My hands don't hold\or grip anything anymore !! And my fingers in my hands constantly jump \ uncontrollable.. kind of Freaks me out ... But how do they expect me to hold a substantial job if I can't deal with this pain everyday ...I have no medical insurance and I'm only able to see a Free Clinic M.D. and they can't prescribe anything stronger than Naproxen & it makes my stomach sick ... Someone, Somewhere PLEASE HELP ME .....??

Do you find this discussion helpful?

2 Responses


Teresa, as sad as this might sound try signing up for mental health counseling! I was turned down 2 times until the 3rd attorney found out that I was in counseling to deal with my chronic pain from lupus & MS, {& various medical probs with spine & neck due to childhood abuse} for some reason that made the difference.


Dear Teresa, I feel yur pain. First Get thy self to a Free County Hospital. This will help in several different ways. Go by Ambulance, no bullshit here. Tell them U can't stand the pain. They will give U real pain killers first. The next thing is yur leaving a paper trail for Disability to follow. Without a trail they won't ever give it to U. If U applied and then get denied. Reapply before 60 days or better find a Social Security Lawyer and have them reapply. Have the County hospital get one of their Orthapedics or Neurosurgery dude take a look at yur x-rays, or MRI. THE MORE DOCS THE BETTER. Social Security won't give a damn near dead person anything unless they see a paper trail, doctor reports, meds they given U, time in ER or being Admitted to hospital. If U have passed the 60 days reapply for S.S.Disability call a lawyer who do S.S.D. and as them what to do. They will get U S.S.D. without U having to pay them. If U go to the county hospital and tell them U can't pay they will give U card that U show when U see there doctors...write down ever doctors name,#, of each place they send U...think paper trail for Social Security. Hope this helps. Trent