SpineUniverse Community Advice
Get help and share your story with others who know what you're going through.
Please register or log in to join the discussions!


Started by nannycar on 09/30/2011 6:13pm

I was diagnoised, with AA, many years ago [ 1982 ] I have had 3 fusions, 3 rods + 4 hartshill triangles , inserted in my spine , also it was dischargeing a fluid for aprox 2 years , A nurse came out to me every day to change the dressing, then i was sent to a Plastic Surgeon, he put skin over the place that was leaking, to this day u can see the circle were he put the skin , every so often it seems as if it is filling up, and i get pain from it ,A consultent put anasetic in and i think he withdrew some fluid out, he told me that my GP could do it for me,In jan 82 i fell down my stairs in my home,i did a lot of damage to my spine, I was given a Mylogram, myodil was used, and I no now that it rots the nerves down the spine, for many years i was given pain killers, but erlier this year i was given gabapentin, It was a on caller Doc that came out to me, he said it is not a pain killer it is for the nerve endings,, It has helped, but to night for the first time since my fall i had broken my shoulder and my clevical, it has never bothersd me,untill tonite, the pain that came from it made me cry, in not soft, but I couldnt understand after all these years why that should give me so much pain ,it lasted about 1 hour, I have taken 2 Naproxen tablets 250 gr each, they must have worked because the pain has gone,I am sorry to have gone on like this, but when i have gone to my Doctor,s a different 1,they have never heard about AA, can you please tell me who is the best sort of consultent to go and see about my condition,yours sincerly Jean Chambers, x

Best Responses
There are no responses to this discussion.
Do you find this discussion helpful?