SpineUniverse Community Advice
Get help and share your story with others who know what you're going through.
Please register or log in to join the discussions!
Posted in: Back pain, Chronic pain, and Neck pain.

Daily Back Pain after an accident

Started by lizette92 on 04/03/2010 1:50pm

So, I had an accident on Sep. 27, 2008. I got hit by a car while biking to work. He was at a stop sign and started turning right onto a main road (where there was quite a bit of traffic) and hit me on my left side. I flew off to the ground - well that is what I remember anyway. All I know is that next thing I knew, I was sitting on the road screaming and crying.
Enough about that...
The ambulance took me to the hospital and I was waiting for literally 2 hours for a doctor while being strapped down to a wooden board. The only thing that hurt at the time was me left leg - it felt numb, and as if it was sending out electrodes. When the doctor got there and unstrapped me, he asked if I have a headache (and I didn't), and then asked me to walk for him. He said I was fine and free to go. No x-rays were done, no check-ups, like the police officer suggested, nadda.
So the next day I woke up with a head ache and back pain, and it's been like that every single day since then.
Sometimes the pain gets A LOT worse - and it's not really in any pattern either - the back is mostly hurting in the upper side near the shoulders, and the head all over my forehead. At first I tried the usual Advil and Tylenol, (even the tylenol ultra migraine) and they don't help. Right now, for the past week, it has been a lot worse, worse than it has ever been, my neck started hurting a lot, and my head also started hurting in the back of my head. I've learned to live with the usual pain, but this hurts A LOT, like even more than it ever did when my pain got worse.
I've had a CAT scan done on my head and they have not found anything, and I had a full bone scan done and they haven't found anything either. I have to push my doctor to have me do a test. I got physiotherapy for about a year after the accident, it helped a bit on the day of, but the pain never went away.

I will be 18 in September, and I am about 115 pounds. I'm a pretty active and healthy person, so exercise or stress is not affecting my pain.
I just want to know if any of you experienced what I did, and if you have any suggestions about what I could do.

Thank you so much!

Do you find this discussion helpful?

5 Responses


I just don't know what to do anymore. I am losing hope...I'm trying not to and I'm praying everyday about this, but I just don't even know what's wrong with me and why I'm having this pain so obviously I won't know what to do about it. None of my friends can understand the pain I go through, my boyfriend never even tried to understand. It seemed like he forgot I even had the pain everyday until I suddenly reminded him once in a month or so when the pain would be really bad. I stumbled across this site and I knew all of you go through some type of pain like this too, you probably know how I feel too. I just want to be understood by someone. I need help :[


Your best bet is to see a neurologist and/or a pain management specialist.


Thanks for your reply. I asked my doctor to see a neurologist, and she asked if I get twitching pain and said I should only see one if I have that type of pain? She said I don't experience the type of pain to go to a neurologist. She thinks I have a fracture. But if i had a fracture for a year, I would be in dying pain right now wouldn't I?


I'm am currently having similar pain symptoms as you due to a car accident. I am having some success with Chiropractic care and Therapeutic Massage. I know many people/doctors do not "believe" in chiropractors but if there is nothing else that is helping finding a chiropractor to at least to an evaluation might be of benefit to you.



I see this is an old posting...but nevertheless, as someone said above, you would probably do best to see a pain management specialist sometimes called physiatrists. If you can do so without getting a referral from your general practitioner, I would just make an appointment and go to one. I also do recommend chiropractic as mentioned above but you may actually need both type of specialists.