SpineUniverse Blog Discussion Rules
Welcome to SpineUniverse Blog Discussion! Before you get started, please take a minute to look over the following rules.
SpineUniverse Blog Discussions should be a respectful, useful resource for everyone. Please take a look at the User Agreement before you post.
Please follow also these rules:
- DON'T SHOUT! Using all caps is considered "shouting" on the Internet, and messages from users who repeatedly "shout" will be deleted.
- Keep images small. Some of our members' computers and connections are slower than others. Please don't include images or animations in your posts that are larger than 10K, or 200-by-200 pixels. (Any standard image program, like Paint, can measure and resize your picture in pixels.) If you attempt to upload an image that’s too big, you will receive an error notice alerting you to use a smaller image. Even if an image is hosted off-site, it can slow down connections and prevent some members from seeing your posts.
- Protect your privacy. To protect your privacy we recommend that you do not use your own name as your username. However, please do not use a username that would imply that you are a site administrator, staff member, or another member.
- Don't post material from somewhere else—including from SpineUniverse—without attributing it so that another member can find the same information. Please cite your source(s) by including the URL. Also, please don’t cut and paste lengthy blocks of text (eg, an entire article, although an excerpt is acceptable).
- Do not spam or repeatedly flood the Blog Discussion with the same or similar posts.
- You may not use the Blog Discussion to advertise. No advertising is allowed. Certain advertising, particularly advertising for financial schemes, is prohibited by various federal and state laws. In addition, you should not post an opinion in the Blog Discussion about a product with which you are currently affiliated.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated. You shouldn't post or comment on any message in an abusive manner. Material in the Blog Discussion should not contain:
- Foul or threatening language: This includes obscene, hateful, derogatory, and rude language.
- Adult themes: This includes content not suitable for all ages (violent and sexually-explicit material).
- Discriminatory language: This includes language that targets groups based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, etc.
- Private information: Maintaining patient privacy is a top concern. Please do not reveal any private information. This includes the public disclosure of your—or another person’s—personal and/or medical information.
- Unlawful material: This includes material that is in violation of local, state, national, and international laws.
- Reference(s) to specific healthcare professionals: Please do not use a healthcare professional’s name. Please respect other healthcare professionals and protect their privacy by not mentioning them by name.
- Members—and their comments—are valued. However, in order to have safe, friendly, supportive Blog Discussions, these rules must be enforced. If you engage in behavior that is against the User Agreement and/or the Blog Discussion Rules, your post will be edited or deleted. You'll receive an email to let you know what was done and why. After three reported offenses, your account will be banned from the Blog Discussion, and you will be notified via email. Please work with us to keep the SpineUniverse Blog Discussions a respectable place to exchange ideas.
Enjoy the SpineUniverse Blog Discussions!
Updated on: 03/05/14