About Christopher P. Silveri, MD, FAAOS
Dr. Christopher Silveri is an Orthopaedic and Neurological spine surgeon who specializes in nonoperative and surgical treatment of spinal disorders. He is the Director of the INOVA Spine Institute at Fair Oaks Hospital and in practice at Fair Oaks Orthopaedic Associates in Fairfax, VA. Dr. Silveri is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (FAAOS).
In his practice, Dr. Silveri diagnoses and treats spinal disorders affecting all ages and all levels of the spine (eg, cervical, thoracic, lumbar). While he specializes in cervical and lumbar disorders, disc herniations, spinal stenosis, and complex reconstructive spine surgery—he also treats spinal injuries (eg, trauma, fracture), tumors (cancer, benign), degenerative disc disease, and spinal deformity (eg, scoliosis).
Dr. Silveri graduated with distinction in Orthopaedic Surgery for excellence from the University of Pennsylvania Medical School in Philadelphia, PA. After his internship, he completed a Neurosurgical Fellowship in Spine Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. Thereafter, he continued to complete his formal orthopaedic surgical residency at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New York. Then, returning to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, he completed a Reconstructive Spine and Scoliosis Surgery fellowship program.
In addition, Dr. Silveri has published many articles in peer reviewed spine journals, a textbook on spinal trauma, contributed many chapters to medical textbooks, and is a noted lecturer.
Dr. Silveri is a member of prestigious medical organizations, including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), North American Spine Society (NASS), and Fairfax County Medical Society.
1. Silveri Christopher P., Kaplan Frederick S, Fallon Michael, Bayever Eliel, August Charles S.: Hurler Syndrome With Special Reference to Histologic Abnormalities of the Growth Plate. Clin Orthop. 1991;269:305-311.
2. Simpson J. Michael, Silveri Christopher P., Balderston Richard A., An Howard S., Simeone Frederick A.: Lumbar Spine Surgery In Patients With Diabetes Mellitus. J Bone Miner Res. December 1992;75A:1823-1829.
3. Simpson J. Michael, Silveri Christopher P., Simeone Frederick A, Balderston Richard A: Cervical Disc Disease And The Keyhole Foraminotomy: Proven Efficacy at Extended Long-Term Follow Up. Orthopedics. 1997;20(8):687-692.
4. Simpson J. Michael, Silveri Christopher P., Simeone Frederick A., Balderston Richard A: Thoracic Disc Herniation: Re-evaluation of the Posterior Approach. Spine. 1993;18(13):1872-1877.
5. An Howard S., Silveri Christopher P., Simpson J. Michael, Simeone Frederick A., Simmons Chet, Balderston Richard A., File Paul: Cigarette Smoking as a Risk Factor for Cervical and Lumbar Disc Disease. J Spinal Disord. 1994;7:369-373.
6. Brown Cameron C., Silveri Christopher P., Balderston Richard A.: Allograft Versus Autograft In Lumbar Spine Fusion: A Two Year Follow-up. Orthopaedic Transactions. 1995.
7. Silveri Christopher P., Corso Salvatore J., Roofeh Jahanshah: Internal Fixation of a Capitellum Fracture With The Herbert Screw. A Case Report And Review. Clin Orthop. 1993;300:123-126.
8. Silveri Christopher P., Lunt John, Freedman Alan M.: Traumatic Carpal Tunnel Decompression Associated With Compartment Syndrome of the Hand. Orthopedics. 1997;20(11):1089-1091.
9. Silveri Christopher P., Handelsman John E.: The Role of Extension Osteotomies in the Treatment of Severe Knee Flexion Contractures In Arthrogryposis. Written - Submitted.
10. Silveri Christopher P., Blumberg Kalman, Balderston Richard A.: Presentation and Treatment of Pyogenic Vertebral Osteomyelitis. Seminars in Spine Surgery. 1996;8(2):81-94.
11. Berg Jeffery, Silveri Christopher P., Harris Maury: Variant of the Lisfranc Fracture-Dislocation: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. J Orthop Trauma. 1998;12(5):366-369.
12. Silveri Christopher P., Vaccaro Alexander: Posterior Atlantoaxial Fixation: The Magerl Screw Technique. Orthopedics. 1998;21(4): 455-459.
13. Vanichkahorn Jed S., Vaccaro Alexander R., Silveri Christopher P., Albert Todd J.: Anterior Junctional Plate in the Cervical Spine. Spine. 1998;23(22):2462-2467.
Cotler Jerome, Simpson J. Michael, An Howard S., Silveri Christopher P. (eds.): Surgery of Spinal Trauma. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, 1999.
1. Silveri Christopher P., Simpson J. Michael: Chapter One: Clinical Evaluation. In, An Howard S., Simpson J. Michael,(eds.): Surgery of the Cervical Spine. Martin Dunitz Inc., London, England, 1994.
2. Silveri Christopher P., Simeone Frederick A.: Lumbar Disc Disease. In, Howard An, M.D. (ed.), Principles and Techniques of Spine Surgery. Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, 1998.
3. Silveri Christopher P., Cotler Jerome M.: Rehabilitation and Recovery in Spinal Trauma. In, Capen, D. (ed.): Comprehensive Management of Spine Trauma. Mosby Inc., Philadelphia, 1998.
4. Vaccaro Alexander, Silveri Christopher P., Balderston Richard A.: Treatment of Thoracolumbar Spinal Fractures. In, Capen, D. (ed.): Comprehensive Management of Spine Trauma. Mosby Inc., Philadelphia, 1998.
5. Silveri Christopher P., Cotler Jerome M.: Fractures of the Upper Cervical Spine. In, Cotler Jerome, Simpson J. Michael, An Howard S., Silveri Christopher P. (eds.): Surgery of Spinal Trauma. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, 1999.
6. Sutton Douglas, Silveri Christopher P.: Acute Care in Spinal Cord Injury, In, Cotler Jerome, Simpson J. Michael, An Howard S., Silveri Christopher P. (eds.): Surgery of Spinal Trauma. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, 1999.
7. Silveri Christopher P, Vaccaro Alexander: C1-C2 Transarticular Screw Placement; In Tricks of the Trade of Spine Surgery, Master Cases in Spine Surgery. Thieme, New York, 2002.
8. Silveri Christopher P.: Best New Technologies in Spine and Pain Management from A to Z. Transforaminal Interbody Fusion Technique. Ed. Eidelson. Stewart. On line publication. SpineUniverse.com. 2004.
Articles Written by Christopher P. Silveri, MD, FAAOS
Articles Reviewed by Christopher P. Silveri, MD, FAAOS
SpineUniverse, a Vertical Health, LLC website, is committed to ensuring that the medical information it presents is accurate, balanced, objective, and trustworthy.
To help achieve this goal, SpineUniverse requires all authors, editors, and reviewers to disclose any financial relationships or affiliations they have with companies whose products or services may be mentioned in the content they author, edit, or review.
The intent of this policy is to identify any perceived, potential, or real conflicts of interest so that readers can make their own judgments about the value of information being presented.