Questions to Consider When Choosing a Chiropractor
The following questions may be helpful in determining if the chiropractor you have selected is the right one for you.
How Much Experience Does Your Chiropractor Have?
- How long has the doctor been in practice?
- Does the doctor have a specialty that is related to your healthcare needs?
- Is the doctor experienced in performing procedures you are interested in?
What Are Your Chiropractor's Credentials?
- Is the doctor licensed to practice chiropractic in your state?
- Has there been any adverse action against the doctor from their examining board?
- Does the doctor have a diplomate in a specialty that is appropriate to your needs?
- Does the doctor have a "diplomate" (speciality certification) in a particular area? (e.g., neurology, orthopaedics, sports medicine, nutrition, internal disorders, pediatrics, or rehabilitation?)
How Comfortable Are You With the Doctor?
- Do you feel comfortable with the chiropractor?
- Do you like his or her personality?
- Are your concerns or questions answered completely and understandably?
- Are you comfortable with all phases of the process, including consultation, examination, treatment, and follow-up?
- Does the doctor provide informed consent for treatments?
- Does the doctor have consultative relationships with other doctors in the area of other professions?
- Does the doctor follow up-to-date best practices from http://www.CCGPP.org?
- Is the doctor’s goal to discharge the patient or to get them on lifetime “maintenance?”
- Does the doctor try to sign you up for pre-paid treatment plans or recommend long-term care?
How Comfortable Are You With The Office And Staff?
- Are the office staff pleasant and helpful if you have a question?
- Do you feel you are being treated with respect and courtesy by the staff?
- Are you able to reach the doctor if you have questions?
- Are the office hours convenient for you?
- Is the office located near your home or work?
- Is the office clean and well kept, with adequate space for a waiting room and examination rooms?
A chiropractor can provide a number of treaments that can help you get rid of your back and neck pain. Taking time to choose the right chiropractor for your needs and comfort levels can be critical in your recovery.