Who Treats Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis?

A pediatrician, family physician, or other primary care doctor frequently manages the treatment of a child with JIA, often with the help of other doctors.
Depending on the patient's and parents' wishes and the severity of the disease, the team of doctors may include pediatric rheumatologists (doctors specializing in childhood arthritis), ophthalmologists (eye doctors), orthopaedic surgeons (bone specialists), and physiatrists (rehabilitation specialists), as well as physical and occupational therapists.

Note: Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) was previously known as Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA).

Continue Reading

Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Treatment