| 1 cup Cheerios
|| 1 cup puffed rice
| 1/2 tsp. onion powder
|| 1/2 tsp. chili powder
| 1 cup puffed wheat
|| 1 cup bite sized shredded
| 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Serves 8. (Calories 110, Fat 1 g, Sodium 30 mg)
- Mix cereals together.
- Spray with vegetable spray.
- Sprinkle seasonings over cereals.
- Spray non-stick pan with vegetable
- Place cereals in single layer
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for
10 minutes or until brown.
| 2/3 cup non-fat yogurt
|| 1 tbs. curry powder
|1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
||1 tsp. lemon juice
|White or black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a
bowl, stir them well.
- Chill for one hour before serving.
Serves 4. (Calories 30, Fat 1 g, Sodium 25 mg.)
|| SHORT CUT PASTA PRIMAVERA
|3 green onions chopped
||1/2 zucchini, cut in thin
|1 cup chopped broccoli
||1 clove garlic
|1 bell pepper, cut in strips
|| 1/2 cup raisins, minced
|1 carrot, cut in thin strips
||2 tsp. olive oil
|2 tbs. parmesan cheese
||1/2 lb angel hair pasta
Serves 4. (Calories 228, Fat 4.5 g, Sodium 77 mg.)
- In a large non-stick skillet
saute onions and garlic in 1 tsp. olive oil.
- Add other vegetables, stir,
cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package
- Drain pasta and toss with remaining
- Toss in cooked vegetables and
sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Note: You can add cooked chicken,
shrimp or lean meat (use leftovers) to pasta. Serve with sherbet
or sorbet. They are low sodium too!
Material © San
Franisco Spine Center. Used by permission