Recipes: Busy Lifestyles
Ginger Chicken Stir Fry1 lb. boneless chicken, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Blend soy sauce, vinegar, oil, ginger and garlic in a shallow dish.
- Add chicken; marinate for 10 minutes.
- Spray large, non stick skillet with vegetable spray.
- Heat skillet over medium to high heat until hot.
- Add chicken; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Stir water and vegetables into mixture.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Serves 4. (Calories 228, Fat 8 g., Sodium 349 mg)
Linguine & Clams
1 tbls olive oil
2 cans chopped claims & juice
1/2 tsp parsley, basil, oregano
1/3 cup light sour cream
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 lb. linguini
1 tbls parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium to high heat until hot.
- Add 1 Tb. olive oil to coat skillet and saute garlic 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add reserved clam juice, herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup light sour cream, stir to combine over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Drain cooked pasta and toss with 1 Tb. olive oil and parmesan cheese.
- Add clams to sauce and cook for 1 minute. Pour over pasta, toss & serve. Serves 6 to 8. (Calories 300, Fat 5 g, Sodium 300 mg)
Easy Shrimp Saute
1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
1/2 onion, chopped
6 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1/2 cup white wine
1 tbls olive oil
- Heat non-stick skillet until hot.
- Add olive oil to coat.
- Saute onions & garlic for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, pepper, spices & wine and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Toss in shrimp.
- Simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve over rice or pasta. Serves 4. (Calories 150, Fat 6 g, Sodium 260 mg)
Material © San Franisco Spine Center. Used by permission