Exercise Facts and Tips
- More than half of all US adults do not get the recommended amount of exercise. Aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise per day.
- About 25% of adults don't exercise at all.
- To keep your exercise routine fresh, mix it up by doing different activities—alternate brisk walking, yoga, or swimming, for example.
- Men are more likely than women to be physically active.
- Regular exercise not only helps you maintain healthy bones, but it also helps keep your muscles and joints strong.
- Incorporating fitness into your daily routine helps control your weight and boosts your overall mood and sense of well-being.
- Back pain is less likely if your abdominal muscles are strong. Do yoga or Pilates to strengthen your core.
- Exercise can help ease anxiety and depression, symptoms that are often associated with numerous spine conditions, including chronic back pain.
- Many people stick with their exercise program if they're doing activities they enjoy like dancing or playing tennis.
- If you have a chronic condition, such as rheumatoid arthritis, you'll most likely benefit from regular exercise, but talk to your doctor before beginning any exercise program.
Updated on: 08/24/15
Flexibility Training Tips