References: Non-deformity Spinal Bracing
2. Morris J, Lucas D, Bresler M: Role of the trunk in the stability of the spine. JBJS 43A: 327-351, 1961.
3. Nachemson A, Lindh M: Measurement of abdominal and back muscle strength with and without low back pain. Scand J Rehab Med 1:3, 1969.
4. Nachemson A, Morris J: In vivo measurements of intradiscal pressure. JBJS 46A: 1077-1092, 1964.
5. Nachemson A, Schultz A, Anderson G: Mechanical effectiveness studies of lumbar spine orthosis. Scand J Rehab Med (suppl): 139-149, 1983
6. Norton P, Brown T: The immobilizing efficiency of back braces. JBJS 39A(1): 111-139, 220, 1957.
7. Perry J: The use of external support in the treatment of low back pain. JBJS 52A: 1440-1442, 1970.
8. Stamp J, Chock K, Penrose K: Acute and chronic effects of pneumatic support on muscular strength, flexibility, and functional impairment index. Sports Med Training J 2: 121-129, 1991.
9. Walsh N, Schwartz R: The influence of prophylactic orthosis on abdominal strength and low back injury. Am J Phys Med Rehab 69: 245-250, 1990.
10. Wassell, et al: A prospective study of back belts for prevention of back pain and injury. JAMA 284: 2727-2732, 2000.
11. Wasserman J, McNamee M: Engineering evaluation of lumbosacral orthosis using in vivo noninvasive testing. In Proceedings of the 10th Southeast Conference of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics. Cincinnati OH, 1981.