Pain Management, Anesthesiologist in West Islip, New York (NY)
Amit Sharma MD
- Interventional Spine & Pain1175 Montauk Hwy, Ste. 6West Islip, New York, 11795 - United StatesPhone: (631) 422-5371
About Our Practice
Varieties of pain treated: We specialize in the treatment of a variety of painful conditions. In most cases we are able to offer our patients a non-narcotic option to treat their pain.
- Back and neck pain: Those resulting from degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, or unsuccessful spine surgeries
- Neuropathic pain: Pain originating from injury to brain (after stroke or injury) or peripheral nerves. Several pain problems like central pain syndrome, spinal cord injury, phantom limb pain, trigemianl neuralgias, post-thoracotomy pain syndrome, diabetic neuropathy, and RSD or CRPS are typical examples. Our clinic has expertise in treating each of these pain problems, and boost a successful track record in controlling the toughest and most complicated cases.
- Cancer pain: Frequently a complex pain issue where many different types of pain could contribute to overall picture. We have a compassionate team who spends time in identifying and addressing each variety with a different approach.
- Visceral pain: Pain originating from internal organs like lungs, heart (uncontrolled angina), stomach/liver/pancreas/intestines (abdominal pain), uterus/ovaries/testicles (pelvic/perineal pain). We offer a variety of injections and implantable therapies, in conjunction with your primary team and a psychologist, to control your pain.
- Postoperative pain: We can work with your surgeon, both pre- and post-operatively, if you are expected or are having uncontrolled pain. Our experienced team can device a balanced medication plan, with or without the use of interventional treatment modalities.
- Deep somatic pain: Pain originating from injury (e.g. sport injuries), inflammatory processes (e.g. rheumatoid arthritis) and chronic pain during degenerative disease (e.g. osteoarthritis). We provide interventional services to help your rheumatologist achieve pain control with a balance of medications and psysical therapy.
- Pain Management
- Board Certified
- Fellowship Trained
- International Spine Intervention Society
- Florida Memorial Hospital