Orthopaedic Surgeon in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PA)
Alexander R. Vaccaro MD, PhD
- The Rothman Institute at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital925 Chestnut Street, 5th FloorPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania, 19107 - United StatesPhone: 800-321-9999
About Our Practice
Alexander Vaccaro, MD, PhD, is a Professor and Attending Surgeon of Orthopaedics and Neurosurgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and President of the Rothman Institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is the Vice Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics and has a PhD in Spinal Injury.
Dr. Vaccaro specializes in the comprehensive treatment of numerous pathologic conditions affecting the cervical, thoracic, and lumbosacral spine, including degenerative disc disease, scoliosis and other spinal deformities, trauma, infections, and tumors.
Dr. Vaccaro's interests include minimally invasive surgical techniques and image guided technologies in the management of spinal disorders.
He has published over 350 peer reviewed manuscripts and has edited over 31 textbooks.
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Board Certified
- Fellowship Trained
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- North American Spine Society
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Thomas Jefferson University