Orthopaedic Surgeon in New York, New York (NY)
Matthew E. Cunningham MD
- Hospital for Special Surgery523 East 72nd StreetNew York, New York, 10021 - United StatesPhone: (212) 606-1948
About Our Practice
Matthew E. Cunningham MD PhD has clinical interest in all types of cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine care, including spinal deformity (scoliosis, flatback, kyphosis, and spondylolisthesis), surgical solutions for acute spine problems (herniated disks, pinched nerves, radiculopathy), and chronic/degenerative problems (stenosis, spine arthritis, revision spinal surgery).
Dr. Cunningham attended Johns Hopkins University as an undergraduate, and Columbia University for both graduate and medical school. His postgraduate medical training included a surgical internship at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College, orthopaedic surgery residency at Hospital for Special Surgery, and spine and scoliosis fellowship at HSS.
He is a volunteer surgeon for the Foundation for Orthopaedics and Complex Spine, a role which has taken him to countries such as Ghana, Sierra Leone, and Barbados to provide surgical and nonsurgical care to underserved peoples.
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Fellowship Trained
- Degenerative Spine
- Spinal Deformity
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Hospital for Special Surgery
- New York Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell Campus
- Weill Cornell Medical School, Cornell University