Orthopaedic Surgeon in Buffalo, New York (NY)
Edward D. Simmons MD
- Simmons Orthopaedic & Spine Associates235 North StreetBuffalo, New York, 14201 - United StatesPhone: (716) 882-0035
About Our Practice
The practice encompasses the treatment of a broad spectrum of spinal disorders, including disc herniations, and disc degeneration, trauma, and deformities of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar regions of the spine.
Selection of treatment is based on the individual patient's needs and includes non-surgical, as well as surgical techniques.
We aim for the least invasive treatment which can effectively address the patient's condition. The majority of patients with spinal problems do not need surgery. However, when surgery is indicated, we choose the procedure that has the highest chance for success with the least risk to the patient. This can involve minimally invasive endoscopic techniques, and open techniques when required for decompression, fusion, and disc replacement.
We also have extensive experience in the treatment of spinal deformity such as scoliosis, and kyphosis. This includes one of the world's largest experiences in the treatment of deformity secondary to ankylosing spondylitis.
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Board Certified
- Fellowship Trained
- Degenerative Spine
- Spinal Deformity
- Tumor / Infection
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- North American Spine Society
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Buffalo General Hospital
- Sisters of Charity Hospital, Buffalo
- Clinical Professor, State University of New York at Buffalo