Orthopaedic Surgeon, Neurosurgeon in Chicago, Illinois (IL)
Alpesh A. Patel MD
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital675 St Clair Street , Suite 1700Chicago, Illinois, 60611 - United StatesPhone: 312-695-6800
- Elmhurst Center for Health1200 South York Road , Suite 3100Elmhurst, Illinois, 60126 - United States
About Our Practice
I am a spine specialist and surgeon in Chicago Illinois at Northwestern University School of Medicine. I am an Associate Professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. I have cared for hundreds of patients with complex neck and lower back problems from all over the United States. I see patients at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago IL and at the Elmhurst Center for Health in Elmhurst IL.
I have had training in both Orthopedic Spine Surgery and Neurosurgery Spine Surgery from Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and the Delaware Valley Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Prior to that, I completed my training at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri and my medical school at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois.
I lived and worked in Salt Lake City at the University of Utah for five years, caring for hundreds of patients using surgical and non-surgical techniques to improve the quality of their lives. I have extensive experience in cervical spine (neck) and lumbar spine (lower back) problems. I have also taken care of athletes as the spine consultant to the football and basketball teams and athletic programs at a number of universities including the University of Utah, a PAC 12 school, and Brigham Young University.
My experience and extensive research publications include the areas of cervical spine surgery, adult spine, cervical myelopathy, spinal cord injuries, scoliosis, arthritis of the spine, spinal stenosis, spine trauma, spine cancers and tumors, neck pain, and back pain. I also have an interest in minimally invasive spine surgery and motion preserving spine surgery including disc replacements and other "fusionless" surgical techniques.
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Board Certified
- Fellowship Trained
- Degenerative Spine
- Spinal Deformity
- Tumor / Infection
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- North American Spine Society
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Elmhurst Center for Health
- Associate Professor, Northwestern University
- Adjunct Associate Professor, University of Utah