Orthopaedic Surgeon in Aurora, Colorado (CO)
Evalina Burger MD
- University of Colorado Hospital (UCH)12605 E. 16th Ave.Aurora, Colorado, 80045 - United StatesPhone: 720-608-9084
- Lone Tree Health Center9548 Park Meadows DriveLone Tree, Colorado, 80124 - United StatesPhone: 720-608-9084
- The Spine Center at University of Colorado Hospital1635 North Aurora Court, Suite 4200Aurora, Colorado, 80045 - United StatesPhone: 720-608-9084
About Our Practice
Conditions & Treatments:
Bones, Joints and Muscles - Back Pain, Bones, Joints and Muscles - Fractures, Bones, Joints and Muscles - Neck Disorders and Injuries, Surgery
Clinical Interest for Patients:
I specialize in the treatment of most spinal diseases in adults. I am particularly interested in complex spinal surgery, adult deformity and scoliosis.
Our group is committed to providing the highest quality professional and ethical care to all patients through integration of comprehensive education and exceptional musculoskeletal research. Personal Interests: I enjoy music and hunting.
I am committed to the education of future medical professionals. I am very active in mentorship of medical students, orthopaedic surgery residents and spine fellows at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, as well as providing them many research opportunities. I also serve on the parent council at the University of Denver.
M Med, University of Pretoria (1993)
BMedSci, University of the Orange Free State (1980) MB ChB, University of the Orange Free State (1983) Residency Program 1 Military Hospital, South Africa, Orthopaedic Surgery (1993) Specialties Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine, International Certification (1993) Orthopaedic Surgery, International Certification (1993)
Surgery Hospital Affiliation
University of Colorado Hospital Denver Health Medical Center Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Recognition and Awards
- University of Pretoria, The G F Dommisse prize for Outstanding Academic Achievement and Research (1993)
- SAOA, ABC Traveling Fellow (2000)
- Top 6 Othopedic surgeons of the English Speaking World are invited to travel the world.
- University of Colorado Hospital, Partners in Care Award (2009)
- Cambridge 2010 Edition of Who’s Who Executives and Professionals (2010)
- IMAST, Thomas Whitecloud Award for the best Basic Science paper (2010)
- NASS, Best Poster Award (2010) Correlation of Vertebral Strength Topography with Three-Dimensional Computed tomography structure.
- ColoradoBiz Magazine, Best Doctor for Executives (2012) Named Best Spinal Surgery Doctor American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, MORE Award (2014)
- American Medical Association (AMA) - Member
- Scoliosis Research Society (SRS) - Member AO – Spine North America - Faculty International College of Surgeons (ICS) - Member
- J. Robert Gladden Orthopedic Society (JRGOS) - Member
- SICOT North America - President Twentieth Century Orthopedic Association - Member
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) - Member
- Society of Lateral Access Surgery (SOLAS) - Member
- International Society for Advanced Spine Surgery (ISASS) - Member
Clinical Interests for Referring Providers:
I specialize in complex spinal surgery, adult deformity and scoliosis. I also perform modern surgical procedures such as disk replacement. Research Interest for Referring Providers: Our group participates in a wide variety of clinical research studying areas including but not limited to: function and health related quality of life after treatment of skeletal disorders, limb preservation surgical techniques, and oncology. We also perform outcome analysis for different surgical devices and techniques in order to provide our patients with the most innovative orthopaedic treatments available. I am particularly interested in research involving spine disorders and scoliosis.
Burger_MasterCV March 2014 Final.pdf LINK TOhttp://www.cusomgateway.com/uploaded-provider-files/2991/Burger_MasterCV March 2014 Final.pdf
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Scoliosis Research Society
- University of Colorado Hospital
- Denver Health Medical Center
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center