Orthopaedic Surgeon in Thousand Oaks, California (CA)
Erik Spayde MD
- Erik C. Spayde, MD558 St. Charles Drive, #200Thousand Oaks, California, 91360 - United StatesPhone: 805-379-2322Fax: 805-379-2373
About Our Practice
Dr. Erik Spayde treats complex spine conditions of the neck, mid-back, and low back. He specializes in motion preserving technologies, such as disc replacement in the low back and neck, dynamic stabilization in the lumbar spine, as well as minimally invasive spine surgery for decompressions and fusions of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
Dr. Spayde has been awarded several research grants from the NIH/Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Arthritis Foundation, and Harvard Medical Institutes for Research. He has published numerous academic articles and given presentations internationally on his research in spinal treatments.
Dr. Spayde's undergraduate medical training was completed at Stanford University, where he graduated with Highest Honors and Distiction. He then graduated from Harvard Medical School, and completed a Residency with leading spine specialists at Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women's Hospital within the Harvard Combined Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. He then worked with Dr. Rick Delamarter in Los Angeles and completed a spine fellowship at the Spine Institute.
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Fellowship Trained
- Degenerative Spine
- Spinal Deformity
- Tumor / Infection
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- North American Spine Society
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Los Robles Regional Medical Center
- Saint John's Health Center of Santa Monica
- Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital