Orthopaedic Surgeon in Phoenix, Arizona (AZ)
Anthony T. Yeung MD
- Desert Institute for Spine Care - Main Location1635 E. Myrtle Ave., Suite 400Phoenix, Arizona, 85020 - United StatesPhone: 602-944-2900Fax: 602-944-0064
- Desert Institute for Spine Care - East Valley Location.3487 S. Mercy RoadGilbert, Arizona, 85297 - United StatesPhone: (602)944-2900Fax: (602)944-0064
About Our Practice
Dr. Anthony Yeung is a board certified Orthopedic Spine Surgeon who specializes in diagnosing and treating the causes of back pain and sciatica from painful degenerative conditions of the lumbar spine, particularly herniated lumbar discs and pain from bulging discs with annular tears. He is an internationally renowned endoscopic spine surgeon; the first to utilize endoscopically guided laser for painful degenerative conditions of the lumbar spine. Dr. Yeung is the developer of the FDA-approved Yeung Endoscopic Spine System (YESS™).
Patients who are told that there is no surgical solution for their condition, who reject fusion, or seek alternative minimally invasive options have received solid outcomes with Dr. Yeung's procedure; one that avoids injury to normal spinal anatomy. The procedure continues to evolve, is performed by all DISC surgeons, and is taught in the fellowship program directed by Dr. Yeung onsite at the Squaw Peak Surgical Facility.
Additionally, Dr. Yeung is a lecturer and prolific author of over 70 scientific publications on his technique, and was named a "Health Care Hero" by the Phoenix Business Journal. Dr. Yeung served as the President of the Maricopa County Medical Society, Arizona Orthopedic Society, Western Orthopedic Society- AZ Chapter, and the Board of the Arizona Medical Association. He is currently the President of the World Congress of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeons and Executive Director of the Intradiscal Therapy Society. Dr. Yeung enjoys travel, visiting exotic places, as well as teaching and lecturing internationally about his work.
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Board Certified
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Surgical Specialty Hospital of Arizona
- Squaw Peak Surgical Facility
- St. Luke's Medical Center