Orthopaedic Surgeon, Pain Management in London
Mo Akmal MBBS BSc MD FRCS(Orth) MD
- London Spine Back Surgeon Orthopaedic SpecialistSpecialist Spine Services, 29 Harley Street, LondonLondon, , W1G 9QR - United KingdomPhone: 0870 803 4520
About Our Practice
Mr Mo Akmal, Consultant Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon specialist in spinal disorders in London UK, is an Orthopedic Spinal Surgeon specialising in the management of back and neck pain. He is a specialist in treatment of disc degeneration, sciatica, disc prolapse, spine infections, spine trauma, spine cancer management.
His main interests are treatment of painful conditions of the back and neck such as sciatica, lumbago, slipped disc in spine, vertebral compression fractures. His practice includes Degenerative disease, Trauma, Infection, Scoliosis and Tumours.
Mr Akmal performs Cervical and Lumbar Disc Replacement Surgery, Microsurgical and Minimally Invasive Procedures including kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty for vertebral compression fractures and has access to a full team of practitioners that specialize in Core Stability, Neural Dynamisation and Functional Restoration programmes.
Mr Akmal works as a Consultant Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon at Imperial College Healthcare Academic Science Centre in Paddington, London for NHS work and various Central London hospitals for private work including The Brain and Spine Unit at The Princess Grace Hospital in London. He has also worked at The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, The University College Hospital and the Royal London Hospital and The Oxford Radcliffe Hospital.
Mr Akmal has published widely and gives International lectures at meetings and conferences. He receives a large number of second opinions and gives advice on all aspects of spinal surgery. further details can be found on www.thespine.net
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Pain Management
- Board Certified
- Fellowship Trained
- Degenerative Spine
- Spinal Deformity
- Tumor / Infection
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- Scoliosis Research Society
- St Marys Hospital, Paddington, London, W2 1NY, UK
- Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth, London, NW8 9NH, IK
- Princess Grace Hospital, London, UK
- Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine
- University College London, UK
- London University, UK