Orthopaedic Surgeon in Cebu City
Richard V. Condor MD
- Cebu Orthopaedic InstituteBasement Chong Hua Medical Arts Center, J. Llorente StreetCebu City, , 6000 - PhilippinesPhone: (63-32)-254-3835, 254-6426
About Our Practice
COI Spine & Scoliosis Center
The COI SPINE & SCOLIOSIS CENTER is the first comprehensive spine treatment center in Cebu with a highly qualified team of physicians who specialize in spine treatment. It offers the highest standards of medical care, and its team of specialists is acknowledged for their expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of spine conditions, including using state-of-the-art technology for effective treatment of spinal ailments.
Latest technology in spinal treatment
Minimal Access Spine Surgery (MASS)
Minimal Access Spine Surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that consists of making 1.6-2.0 cm incisions in the back, through which the surgeon inserts a small tube to the spine. This specialized equipment, used in combination with an endoscope, makes the operation very precise and effective. Patients appreciate this innovative treatment technology because of its small wounds, low risk of infection, reduced bleeding, and minimal pain and disability, which leads to faster recovery and return to normal activities.
Total Artificial Disc Replacement (TADR)
Total artificial disc replacement is a surgical procedure that replaces degenerative discs of the lumbar or cervical spine with artificial discs that are designed to imitate the functions of a natural disc and allow as normal as possible motion after surgery.
Percutaneous Vertebroplasty / Kyphoplasty
Vertebroplasty is a minimally invasive procedure that is designed to relieve the pain of compression fractures associated with osteoporosis or spinal tumors. Bone cement is injected into the fractured spine to relieve pain and strengthen vertebral bodies. Both Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty are performed under local or general anesthesia, which offers speedy and long-term relief from osteoporosis-related back pain.
The Pain Clinic offers treatment of pain caused by spinal disorders with non-surgical procedures that include:
* Pain management (medical therapy)
* Rehabilitation in specific areas
* Selective Nerve Blocks
Common spinal disorders
* Disc herniation
* Degenerative disc disease
* Degenerative spine with nerve compression
* Spinal stenosis
* Spinal deformities, such as Scoliosis, Kyphosis
* Spinal tumors
* Spinal infections
* Spinal injuries due to an accident
When to see a doctor
You should see a doctor if you have following symptoms:
* Acute or chronic pain and stiffness in the nape of the neck and shoulder blade.
* Pain in the nape of the neck accompanied by pain in the head, arm or leg.
* Pain around the shoulder or elbow, particularly during sleep
* Numbness or weakness in the muscles of the arm, leg or body.
* Difficulty in walking, inability to completely control walking.
* Cervical spine (neck) deformities.
* Acute or chronic pain and stiffness in the back, waist or buttock area.
* Pain in the back, which then progresses to a thigh, leg or foot.
* Lumbar spine deformities.
Standard treatment at the COI Spine & Scoliosis Center
The COI Spine & Scoliosis Center team highly of experienced specialists in the field of spinal treatment and surgery, include:
* Spine surgeons and orthopedic surgeons
* Neurologists and neurosurgeons
* Anesthesiologists and pain therapists
* Rehabilitation and physical therapists
The COI Spine & Scoliosis Center offers the latest technology to provide its patients with precise diagnosis and effective treatment.
The COI Spine & Scoliosis Center is pleased to provide consultation on conditions of spinal discomfort and disorders. For more information or to make an appointment, please call (+63 32) 254-38-35, (+63 32) 254-64-26.
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Board Certified
- Fellowship Trained
- Degenerative Spine
- Spinal Deformity
- Tumor / Infection
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Chong Hua Hospital
- Cebu Doctors University Hospital
- Perpetual Soccour Hospital
- Cebu Doctors University Hospital
- Cebu Institute of Medicine