Neurosurgeon in Salt Lake City, Utah (UT)
Joel D. MacDonald MD
- University of Utah Department of Neurosurgery30 N. 1900 E.Salt Lake City, Utah, 84132 - United StatesPhone: 8015816908
About Our Practice
I am a university based neurosurgeon with expertise in complex disorders of the spine. My referal base is primarily tertiary. I am well versed on procedures of the cervical, thoracic, lumbar and sacral spine including decompression, stabilization, fusion , and instrumentation. My philosophy is generally conservative with respect to fusion.
I am also familiar with minimally invasive techniques including, stereotactic navigation and planning, endoscopy, and thoracoscopy.
I also conduct pain procedures like dosal collumn lstimulation and implanted pumps.
- Board Certified
- Degenerative Spine
- Tumor / Infection
- AANS-CNS Section on Disorders of the Spine
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- University of Utah Health Science Center
- Salty Lake VA Hospital
- Primary Childrens Medical Center
- University of Utah