Neurosurgeon in Monroeville, Pennsylvania (PA)
Eugene A. Bonaroti MD
- Allegheny Clinic Neurosurgery2566 Haymaker Road, Suite 106, Professional Office Bldg #2Monroeville, Pennsylvania, 15146 - United StatesPhone: 412-968-5490Fax: 412-968-5491
About Our Practice
My practice focuses on surgical treatment of spinal disorders using the latest minimally invasive techniques. Disorders commonly treated include cervical and lumbar disc herniation and spinal stenosis, spinal tumors, spinal fractures (compression fractures) and spinal infections. Spinal instablity (spondylolisthesis) is treated using the latest in fusion technology, including image guidance, minimally invasive approaches, interbody fusion, pedicle screws, cages, and "BMP" (bone morphogenetic protein). Kyphoplasty or vertebroplasty is offered for appropriate patients with compression fractures. I have experience with artificial lumbar disc and artificial cervical disc replacements. I am currently involved in a nationwide study on the use of annular repair to reduce disc re-herniation after microdiscectomy.
My philosophy is a conservative one: although we perform many successful surgeries, each patient is given the opportunity to improve with non-surgical methods first before resorting to surgical treatment.
- Board Certified
- AANS-CNS Section on Disorders of the Spine
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Western Pennsylvania Hospital
- Forbes Regional
- UPMC Shadyside
- Drexel University