Neurosurgeon in Saint Louis, Missouri (MO)
Kurt M. Eichholz MD
- St. Louis Minimally Invasive Spine Center4590 S. Lindbergh Blvd.Saint Louis, Missouri, 63127-1832 - United StatesPhone: 314.270.9494Fax: 314.270.9495
About Our Practice
Located in St. Louis, MO, in private practice at St. Louis Minimally Invasive Spine Center, Dr. Eichholz is one of the few fellowship-trained minimally invasive spine surgeons in the Midwest.
Dr. Eichholz specializes in minimally invasive treatment of degenerative spine disease, includng spinal stenosis, disc herniations, neoplasms, trauma and deformity. He treats lumbar, thoracic and cervical disc herniations, fractures, tumors, meningiomas, neoplasms, stenosis, slip, spondylolisthesis, instability, and fractures. He is one of the few surgeons who treats adult degenerative scoliosis utilizing minimally invasive techniques, and also performs endoscopic spinal surgery. He also is an expert in the surgical treatment of abnormalities of the cranio-vertebral junction.
Dr. Eichholz earned a bachelor's degree in biology at Saint Louis University, and later earned his MD degree with distinction in research at SLU as well. He completed his residency in Neurosurgery at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. He then completed a fellowship in Minimally Invasive and Complex Spinal Surgery at the University of Chicago.
He previously served as Assistant Professor of Neurological Surgery at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, and then served as Associate Professor of Neurological Surgery and Director of the Neurosurgery Spine Program at Saint Louis University. He has published extensively on spine disorders, spine biomechanics, and minimally invasive spinal surgery techniques. Dr. Eichholz is one of the few fellowship-trained Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeons in the Midwest.
- Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Central States/TeamCare, Cigna, Coventry Health Plans, Essence, First Health, Healthlink HMO/PPO, HFN, Humana, Medicare, Multiplan, PHCS, Railroad Medicare, Tricare Prime/Standard/For Life, Unicare, United HealthCare
- Board Certified
- Fellowship Trained
- AANS-CNS Section on Disorders of the Spine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- St. Anthony's Medical Center
- Mercy Hospital St. Louis
- St. Mary's Medical Center
- Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital