Neurosurgeon, Pain Management in Madison Heights, Michigan (MI)
Jay Jagannathan MD
- Jagannathan Neurosurgery PC30755 Stephenson HighwayMadison Heights, Michigan, 48071 - United StatesPhone: 248-733-9904Fax: 248-733-9906
- Northern Michigan2463 South M-30West Branch, Michigan, 48661 - United StatesPhone: 248-733-9904Fax: 248-733-9906
- Garden City6545 Inkster Rd., 306Garden City, Michigan, 48135 - United StatesPhone: 248-733-9904Fax: 248-733-9906
About Our Practice
Dr. Jagannathan is a neurosurgeon with a special interest in minimally invasive spinal surgery, which often result in less post-operative discomfort, and a quicker recovery for patients. Jagannathan Neurosurgery is a busy neurosurgical practice with offices in Metro Detroit, Northern Michigan, and Western Michigan. The goal is to provide individualized treatment for patients with a focus on excellent service to the community, combining compassionate care, advanced neurosurgical techniques and easy accessibility for patients.
Dr. Jagannathan is one of a few neurosurgeons in Michigan to perform all open and minimally invasive procedures related to complex spine, spinal oncology and deformity, including open and percutaneous pedicle screw fixation TLIF, ALIF, DLIF, vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty and spinal radiosurgery. He is also trained to perform artificial disk replacement using Prodisk-C and Prodisk-L technology. He is a frequent presenter many national and international courses, training other physicians and surgeons on new the latest surgical techniques.
Dr. Jagannathan completed his neurosurgical training at the University of Virginia and Wayne State University with and received advanced training in both neurosurgery and orthopedic spine surgery. Additionally, he spent a year as a clinical neuro-oncology fellow at the National Institutes for Neurologic Disorders and Stroke (National Institutes of Health) and as a senior Registrar at Auckland City Hospital in New Zealand.
He has published numerous papers and book chapters in the areas of spine surgery, radiosurgery and neuro-oncology and has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Synthes Award for craniofacial research as well as the Cone Pevehouse Award for socioeconomic research, both from the American Association of Neurological Surgeons. He was also recently named a ‘rising star’ in spine surgery by In-Spine magazine.
Dr. Jagannathan is actively involved in organized neurosurgery and served as a member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) Young Neurosurgeons Commitee and on the Executive Committee of the Section on Tumors.
He has also served on Congress of Neurological Surgery Scientific Program Committee and currently is one of only a few neurosurgeons representing Michigan at in the Council of State Neurosurgical Societies.
- Jagannathan Neurosurgery is in network with most major insurance carriers. Please call 248-733-9904 for details.
- Pain Management
- Fellowship Trained
- AANS-CNS Section on Disorders of the Spine
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- International Spine Intervention Society
- North American Spine Society
- Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Garden City Hospital
- West Branch Regional Medical Center
- Allegiance Health
- Doctor's Hospital of Michigan