Neurosurgeon in Chicago, Illinois (IL)
Richard G. Fessler MD
- Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine676 N St. Clair St., Suite 2210Chicago, Illinois, 60611
United StatesPhone: (312) 695-8143
About Our Practice
Dr. Richard G. Fessler is a Professor in the Department of Neurosurgery at the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University. Prior to assuming this position, he founded and directed the Institute for Spine Care at the Chicago Institute of Neurosurgery and Neuroresearch (CINN) and was Professor of Neurological Surgery at Rush Medical College in Chicago. Formerly he was Director of Clinical Services and Education at the University of Florida Brain Institute. Additionally, at the University of Florida, he was a Professor in the Department of Neurological Surgery. In 1994 he was appointed to the Dunspaugh-Dalton Chair of Brain and Spinal Surgery. Dr. Fessler's current hospital appointment is at the University of Chicago Hospitals and Clinics, Chicago, Illinois.
Dr. Fessler is a leading authority on the non-invasive and minimally invasive treatment of spine disorders. He has pioneered many microendoscopic surgical techniques. Dr. Fessler also has an expertise and special interest in spinal cord transplantation.
- Board Certified
- Fellowship Trained
- Degenerative Spine
- Tumor / Infection
- AANS-CNS Section on Disorders of the Spine
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- University of Chicago Hospitals and Clinics