Neurosurgeon in Sacramento, California (CA)
Praveen G. Prasad MD
- Cobb, French, and Prasad, Neurosurgical Associates2801 K Street, #300Sacramento, California, 95816 - United StatesPhone: 916-733-5028
About Our Practice
Our practice is exclusively devoted to Neurosurgical spine surgery and surgical pain management for cervical and lumbar spine problems. We have expertise with cervical disc surgery, cervical disc replacement, cervical fusions, lumbar disc surgery, sciatica, degenerative disc disease with back pain, spondylolisthesis, lumbar fusions, and treatment of failed back syndrome with spinal cord stimulation.
We have considerable experience with minimally invasive techniques including microdiscectomy and use MAST (Minimal Access Spine Technologies) instrumentation such as MetRx and Sextent for percutaneous pedicle screws, use of the X-Stop for spinal stenosis, and XLIF minimally invasive surgery for spinal fusions.
For those with vertebral compression fractures we offer kyphoplasty, and for those with failed back syndrome, comprehensive evaluation and treatment including spinal cord stimulation.
Educational Background: Graduate of Stanford University with M.D. from University of California. Board Certified in both Neurosurgery and Internal Medicine. Member of Alpha Omega Alpha, the national Medical Honor Society. Clinical Faculty at University of California, Davis Medical Center.
Associates: Cully A. Cobb, M.D and Barry N. French, M.D
- Board Certified
- AANS-CNS Section on Disorders of the Spine
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Sutter General Hospital
- Mercy General Hospital
- Rideout Memorial Hospital
- Asst. Clinical Professor - Neurosurgery
- University of California, Davis