Neurosurgeon in Perris, California (CA)
Edward T. Chappell MD
- 2226 Medical Center Dr, STE 101Perris, California, 92571 - United StatesPhone: (714) 367-8740
- 5722 Bellflower BlvdLakewood, California, 90713 - United StatesPhone: (714) 367-8740
- 311 N Verdugo RdGlendale, California, 91206 - United StatesPhone: (714) 367-8740
- 10900 Warner Ave, Ste 121Fountain Valley, California, 92708 - United StatesPhone: (714) 367-8740
- 16702 Valley View AveLa Mirada, California, 90638 - United StatesPhone: (714) 367-8740
- 1171 Railroad St, STE 101Corona, California, 92882 - United StatesPhone: (714) 367-8740
- 7052 Orangewood AveGarden Grove, California, 92841 - United StatesPhone: (714) 367-8740
- 5345 Irwindale AveBaldwin Park, California, 91706 - United StatesPhone: (714) 367-8740
- 754 N. Mountain AveOntario, California, 91762 - United StatesPhone: (714) 367-8740
- 28991 Old Town Front St, STE 104Temecula, California, 92590 - United StatesPhone: (714) 367-8740
About Our Practice
Dr. Edward Thomas Chappell actually began his career in medicine as a teenager when he worked as an orderly in the Emergency Room in the small town in North Carolina were he was born (Elizabeth City). After excelling in high school where he received a scholarships to do research in Research Triangle Park, he went to undergraduate school in Chemistry at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill and on to get a Master’s degree in Neurophysiology at North Carolina State University. From there it was on to Medical School at the Wake Forrest University Bowman Gray School of Medicine where he excelled clinically and in research sufficiently to land a position to train in Neurosurgery at George Washington University in Washington, DC (the hospital to the president in times of emergency).
Dr. Chappell’s entire career of 16 years after his extended residency training has been working for medical universities in California, such as the University of California - San Francisco (formerly, Davis) – East Bay and the University of California – San Diego. He remains a professor of neurosurgery at the University of California - Irvine.
His research and subspecialty interests have spanned the realm
of neurosurgery. Dr. Chappell has written numerous publications,
chapters in textbooks and has presented at numerous conferences in the areas of Brain Trauma, Brain Tumors, and Spine Surgery. He has special training in skull base surgery, stereotaxic techniques, and spine techniques. Dr Chappell has been honored throughout his career for his attention to patient care and the instruction of students and residents. He is known throughout the medical community in Orange County as congenial, devoted, reliable, and of the utmost integrity. He has always attended to those patients with the least resources and most advanced diseases, making his outcomes for the less ill even better.
His personal interests are in outdoor activities such as water sports and mountain biking. Dr. Chappell serves as the Secretary of the Board for a non-profit organization called ABILITY Awareness. He is the Medical Editor for a publication called ABILITY Magazine.
Dr. Chappell’s approach to practicing neurosurgery is unique in many ways. He has been a leader in minimally-invasive
techniques for spine and brain surgery for more than 10 years. Dr. Chappell remains one of the few neurosurgeons in Southern
California using minimally-invasive techniques routinely in his practice. Dr. Chappell is known for close interaction with his
patients and their primary physicians. Both have prompt access to Dr. Chappell around the clock. He reliably spends sufficient
time with patients in consultation so that they can make the most informed decision about having surgery
- Board Certified
- Fellowship Trained
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons