SpineUniverse Case Submission Guidelines
SpineUniverse invites you to submit one or more spine cases for presentation on the site and in various other publications for spine specialists. The cases are an invaluable tool, helping spine specialists worldwide to improve patient care.
Please refer to the guidelines below as you prepare a case. If you have any questions, please contact the SpineUniverse Editorial team using this form.
Audience: Cases are seen by thousands of spine specialists including surgeons, pain management specialists, physical therapists, and chiropractors.
Focus: SpineUniverse seeks a variety of spine cases including:
- Typical cases spine specialists see daily
- Complex and unusual cases; less often seen in community hospitals and practices
- All levels of the spine
- All ages
- Successful outcomes, cases with complications, and "failed outcomes" (the submitting author's name can be withheld from cases with less than ideal outcomes)
- Cases treated with or without surgery
Format: Each case must include:
- Case history
- Results of the physical exam, radiographs and/or CT scans, MRIs
- Prior treatment (if applicable)
- Four or 5 suggested treatment options (even if the author only agrees with one option)
- Treatment description
- Outcome description; ideally, at least a few months after follow-up
- Supporting radiographs; pre- and post-treatment
How to Send: Use our Contact SpineUniverse form to get in touch with our Editorial team. In your email, give a brief summary of your case(s) and some basic information about yourself. A member of the SpineUniverse Editorial team will contact you within 5 to 10 business days about next steps in the case submission process.