Vertical Health Advertising Policy
Vertical Health, LLC, the parent company of SpineUniverse, has established various rules and guidelines to govern Advertising on its network of sites (spineuniverse.com, endocrineweb.com, www.diabeticlifestyle.com, practicalpainmanagement.com, and essentialcme.org).
Vertical Health has sole and absolute discretion with regard to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on Vertical Health's sites. Vertical Health may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised policy on its network of sites.
Vertical Health has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on its network of sites.
Acceptance of any Advertisement by Vertical Health must not be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes the products or services.
Vertical Health will not accept Advertising that, in Vertical Health's opinion, is not factually accurate and in good taste.
Vertical Health will not permit certain categories of Advertisements on its network of sites, including, but not limited to:
- illegal or objectionable products
- fraudulent, deceptive, illicit, misleading, or offensive material or unreasonable, unlikely, or extraordinary product or service claims
- material that misrepresents, ridicules, discriminates (real or implied), or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other status deemed inappropriate for Vertical Health's network
- weapons, firearms, ammunition, or fireworks
- pornography or related adult themes
- tobacco use
- material that directly advertises products to or is intended to attract children
- media or messages for or that reference "M" rated video games or content
- media, messages, or imagery that strobe or flash
- media or messages that contain unsubstantiated "miracle" benefits or cures
- advertising units that extend beyond the defined advertising space or interfere with the content or impact the readability of the content without user initiation
- advertising units that do not retract to the defined advertising space upon user scroll off or contain a "close" or "X" for user to retract or close the ad unit/message after user initiation
- advertising units that mimic computer functions or deceptively indicate a computer or other function that would be reasonable to the average user to assume as a reason to click the unit
- non-Vertical Health branded, interactive media units with data capture fields on any Vertical Health Editorial (non-sponsored) Content
- non-Vertical Health branded, interactive media units with personalized or diagnostic assessments
Advertisers must only offer products or services that are readily available for purchase at the advertised price (with noted tax and delivery fees). The Advertising must also clearly identify the advertiser. Any Advertising that could be misconstrued as Editorial Content will be clearly labeled as Advertising.
Vertical Health recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between Advertising and Sponsored Content and Editorial and decision-making content. All Advertising, Sponsored, or Marketing Content on any Vertical Health site will be clearly and unambiguously identified. Vertical Health will not allow any Advertising on its Vertical Health network that is not identified with the label of "Advertisement."
Clicking on the ad unit will link you to an advertiser's site, to relevant information on Vertical Health, or to a Sponsor's Resource Center on a Vertical Health site. Sponsored Resource Centers are labeled as being "Sponsored" and the name of the sponsoring entity is displayed. See our Editorial Guidelines for more information about how we label information from our Sponsors and the steps we take to help you understand the differences between Vertical Health Editorial Content and Sponsored Content.
Vertical Health retains the exclusive right to determine how any and all search results for specific information by keyword or topic are displayed on Vertical Health sites. Vertical Health search results are not influenced based on monetary incentives provided by Advertisers or Sponsors.
Vertical Health websites do host Google sponsored ads and links, and we do not control Google ad content. However, our Editorial Content is free of any commercial influence from these Google ads.
Vertical Health reserves the right to reject, cancel, or remove at any time any Advertising from Vertical Health's sites for any reason and will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising, together with an explanation following the rejection, cancellation, or removal. Vertical Health also reserves the right to determine the appropriate placement of the Advertising on its sites.
It is the Advertiser's responsibility to comply with all applicable domestic and foreign laws, including applicable laws and regulations of regulatory bodies. This includes pharmaceutical advertising to physicians and consumers that must comply with FDA guidelines for Direct to Physician (DTP) and Direct to Consumer (DTC) advertising, as well as underwritten CME programs that must be labeled in accordance with the guidelines of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and any other relevant accrediting bodies. Vertical Health will not monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations. However, Vertical Health reserves the right to review all Advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if Vertical Health becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, Vertical Health may remove the Advertising.
No Advertising will be allowed on the Vertical Health network of sites that could injure the good name or reputation of Vertical Health or its sites.
Last Updated: Septebmer 26, 2011