Facts and Tips about Spondylosis
- Spondylosis generally develops in people over 40, but that doesn't mean that it can't affect younger people, too.
- If you have a pain flare up, your doctor may recommend a little bed rest. You won't be in bed long, though, because extended bed rest is no longer recommended for back pain.
- Spondylosis is also known as spinal osteoarthritis or even just spinal arthritis.
- Spondylosis is a degenerative process—what you get when you add wear and tear to getting older. All of us may have spondylosis to some degree, but it might not cause pain or other symptoms: It all depends on where the spondylosis has affected your spine.
- Men generally develop cervical spondylosis before women.
Updated on: 07/27/15
Causes of Spondylosis