Spondylolisthesis Prevention and Relief
There are many things you can do to help prevent spondylolisthesis and to improve the health of your spine. By following the tips listed below, you can enjoy the benefits of a healthy spine at any age.
- Follow your doctor's treatment plan and continue your home exercise plan (if you were in physical therapy).
- Sit and stand properly.
- Learn to lift correctly.
- Exercise regularly. (Aerobic exercise is especially good.)
- Don't add stress to your low back. Avoid lifting heavy items, doing strenuous sports, and excessive bending and twisting.
- Attain and maintain a healthy body weight.
- Eat healthy (a well-balanced, low-fat diet rich in fruits and vegetables).
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid excessive use of alcohol.
- Get plenty of rest.
Updated on: 07/20/15