Fusion surgury or not?
I had a Laminectomy in 2010 with a facet joint removed and now two surgeons said a fusion of my L2-3-4-5 with a TLIF would be necessary to stabilize my spine. My current doctor did not want to push me into a surgury as the pain is minimal and to see him again in three months. A drop foot that resulted from the laminectomy may or may not be corrected. Should the fusion be postponed until the pain is too great or get it done sooner?