Not sure if I should have surgery
I feel like I have been languishing on NHS waiting lists for the last two years.......and they owe me back surgery.........
I have been waiting for a year for the surgery (I was told it would be 4 months at initial assessment). I finally got a date through, however in the mean time I think I might not need surgery now - I needed it over a year ago! I am taking Neurontin so I don't have any sciatic symptoms now - unsure if that's to do with Neurontin or healing. I still get twinges in my back when I move in a certain way, but I have heard that it doesn't really help back pain anyway. I sort of feel like I should go through with it as I have waited so long, however I don't want to go through all of this again, and would surgery reinjure my back?
What would you guys recommend?