About Sushil K. Shilpakar, MD
Dr. Shilpakar is Assistant Professor and Head of Neurosurgery at Tribhuvan University in Kathmandu, Nepal. Recently Dr. Shilpakar was an International Fellow in Neurosurgery at Emory University training in Cerebrovascular and Stereotactic Neurosurgery.
Dr. Shilpakar earned a Master of Surgery degree with distinction form China Medical University. The doctor can speak and write fluently in English, Nepali, Chinese, Japanese and Hindi. Dr. Shilpakar has received several awards for International Fellowships from the Congress of Neurological Surgeons. Both in Asia and abroad, Dr. Shilpakar has published six articles in peer-reviewed journals and presented research at medical conferences.
Dr. Shilpakar is a member of the SpineUniverse International Editorial Board.
Publications and Presentations:
1. Management of Acute Odontoid Fractures: Technical Note and Complication Avoidance. Shilpakar SK, Mclaughlin NM, Raid RW, Rodts GE, Subach, BR. (in press, Neurosurgical Focus, accepted for July 12, 2000 publication)
2. Concomitant Intracranial and Spinal Subdural Empyema in an Adult Patient- a Case Report. Shilpakar SK, Detwiler P, Carrion C, Pittman H. (in press, Neurosurgery)
3. Surgical Management of Poff's Spine at TUTU. Shilpakar SK, Sharma M, Bagan M. Presented at the First Nepal-Japan Neurosurgical Conference, held in Kathmandu, Nepal in July 1997.
4. Management of Head Trauma: Two Years' Review at TUTU. Shilpakar SK, Sharma M, Bagan M. Presented at the Annual Meeting of International Surgical Conference of Society of Surgeons of Nepal, held in Kathmandu, Nepal on December 21, 1996.
5. Neurosurgery in TUTH, Nepal. Shilpakar SK, Bagan M. Presented at the 46'h Annual Meeting of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, held in Montreal, Canada on September 30, 1996.
6. Distribution of 101 Cases Requiring Neurosurgical Intervention at TUTU: One-year Summary. Shilpakar SK, Gurung BJ, Barsoum AR, Hagan M. Presented at the Third International Surgical Conference of Society of Surgeons of Nepal, held in Kathmandu, Nepal on March 29,1996.
7. Study on Bleeding Esophageal Varices in Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital. Shrestha ML, Hermancinski MJ, Shilpakar SK, Furmann S, Singh KP, Khakurel M. Presented at the Third International Surgical Conference Society of Surgeons of Nepal, held in Kathmandu, Nepal on March 29, 1996.
8. Hemodynamic Changes During Laparoseopic Cholecystectomy Under Continuous Epidural Anesthesia. Yamamoto F, Shigemura T, Burgess T, Shilpakar SK, Yamamoto R. International Journal Surgical Sciences 1995;2:124-127,
9. A Study of ERCP in the Diagnosis of Biliary and Pancreatic Diseases in TUTH. Shrestha ML, Khakurel M, Gurung BJ, Shilpakar SK, Singh KP. Presented at the First Joint Conference of National section, International College of Surgeons of SAARC Countries and Society of Surgeons of Nepal, held in Kathmandu, Nepal on April 22, 1995.
10. MRI Differential Diagnosis of Intrahepatic Biloma from Subacute Rematoma. Shigemura T, Yamamoto F, Shilpakar SK, Yamamoto S, Pu Y. Abdominal Imaging 1995:20:211-213.
11. A Case Report of MR Imaging of Traumatic Hemobilia. Yamamoto F, Pu Y, Mori A, Shilpakar SK, Rikitate K, Yamamoto R. Journal of Gastroenterology 1994:29:511-513.
12. A Comparative Study Usefulness of Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the Diagnosis of Acute Cholecystitis. Pu V, Yamamoto F, Igimi H, Shilpakar SK, Kojima T, Yamamoto S, Luo D. Journal of Gastroenterology 1994;29:192- 198.
13. Sequential CT and MRI Observations in Hepatic Laceration. Yamamoto F, Shilpakar SK Presented at the 4th World Congress International Gastro- Surgery Club, held in Madrid, Spain on October 27,1993.
14. Laparoseopic Cholecystectomy in a Case with Porcelain Gallbladder. Shilpakar SK, Yamamoto F, Mori A, Shigemura T. Presented at Kyushu Conference of Japan Gastrointestinal Endoseopy, held in Fukuoka, Japan on June 25,1993.
15. The Usefulness of NMI in Diagnosis of Traumatic Hepatic Laceration (in Japanese). Yamamoto F, Shilpakar SK, Pu Y. Presented at the Kyushu Surgical Conference, held in Nagasaki, Japan on May 7,1993.
16. Study of the Correlation of Serum Estradiol and Estradiol Receptor with Pancreatic and Ampullary Carcinoma (Postgraduate Thesis in Chinese). Shilpakar SK. Presented at China Medical University on June 20, 1992.
SpineUniverse, a Vertical Health, LLC website, is committed to ensuring that the medical information it presents is accurate, balanced, objective, and trustworthy.
To help achieve this goal, SpineUniverse requires all authors, editors, and reviewers to disclose any financial relationships or affiliations they have with companies whose products or services may be mentioned in the content they author, edit, or review.
The intent of this policy is to identify any perceived, potential, or real conflicts of interest so that readers can make their own judgments about the value of information being presented.