About Anton Y. Jorgensen, MD
Dr. Anton Jorgensen is an orthopaedic spine surgery fellow at Rush University, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Jorgensen graduated from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA with his medical degree. At William Beaumont Army Medical Center at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in El Paso, he completed an orthopaedic surgical residency. Dr. Jorgensen served as a staff orthopaedic surgeon at Bayne Jones Army Community Hospital in Fort Polk, LA before commencing his fellowship at Rush University.
Jorgensen AY, Waterman BR, Hsiao MS, Belmont PJ. Functional outcomes of hip arthroplasty in active duty military service members. J Surg Orthop Adv. 2013. Spring;22(1):16-22.
Marquez-Lara A, Nandyala SV, Hassanzadeh H, Sundberg E, Jorgensen A, Singh K. Sentinel Events in Lumbar Spine Surgery. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2014 Jan 29.
Risk Factors for Infections Following Pediatric Spine Fusion Surgery: A Five-Year Review
Shriners Hospitals for Children Spokane
- Lead author retrospective review of 234 pediatric spinal fusions
- Winner Frank B. Smith Resident Research Award/North Pacific Orthopaedic Society, September 2010
- Paper presentation Mid-America Orthopaedic Association April 2011; American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting Feb 2011; Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons, December 2010
Impact of Obesity and Smoking on the Incidence of Post-Operative Pain and Complications in Patients Who Have Undergone Spine Surgery for Low Back Pain
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Created logistic regression models of a series of 367 back pain patients to determine risk factors for incidence of surgery and complications
- Paper presentation American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting, February 2007
Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis Associated with a Retrograde Femoral Nail
El Paso Orthopaedic Group, El Paso, TX
- Case report presented at Southern Orthopaedic Association Annual Meeting, July 2009
The Taylor Spatial Frame Used to Achieve a Knee Arthrodesis
William Beaumont Army Medical Center
- Case report poster Southern Orthopaedic Association Annual Meeting, July 2009
Case Studies Presented by Anton Y. Jorgensen, MD
SpineUniverse, a Vertical Health, LLC website, is committed to ensuring that the medical information it presents is accurate, balanced, objective, and trustworthy.
To help achieve this goal, SpineUniverse requires all authors, editors, and reviewers to disclose any financial relationships or affiliations they have with companies whose products or services may be mentioned in the content they author, edit, or review.
The intent of this policy is to identify any perceived, potential, or real conflicts of interest so that readers can make their own judgments about the value of information being presented.