About John B. Emans, MD
Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
General Pediatric Orthopedics
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA (1970)
Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, Boston, MA (07/70 to 06/71)
General Surgery:Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, Boston, MA (07/71 to 06/72)
Orthopaedic Surgery:Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, Boston, MA (10/72 to 12/72)
Children's Hospital Boston, Boston, MA (1/72 to 6/72)
• Thoracic growth and pulmonary function in patients undergoing spine fusion before age five.
• Expansion thoracoplasty and VEPTR (vertical expandable prosthetic titanium rib) insertion for thoracic insufficiency syndrome.
• Orthotic treatment of idiopathic scoliosis
• Congenital spine deformities
• Spine growth and spine deformity outcomes
• Clinical Effectiveness Research Center: Information regarding clinical orthopedic research at Children's Hospital Boston.
SpineUniverse, a Vertical Health, LLC website, is committed to ensuring that the medical information it presents is accurate, balanced, objective, and trustworthy.
To help achieve this goal, SpineUniverse requires all authors, editors, and reviewers to disclose any financial relationships or affiliations they have with companies whose products or services may be mentioned in the content they author, edit, or review.
The intent of this policy is to identify any perceived, potential, or real conflicts of interest so that readers can make their own judgments about the value of information being presented.