About George Langlitz, III, CCSP
Dr. George Langlitz III is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician with Physicians Plus in Springfield, Massachusetts. He holds a Doctorate degree from New York Chiropractic College and an Associates Degree in Liberal Arts and Science Transfer/Pre-Medical from Springfield Technical Community College. He has been involved with the field of chiropractic for over 26 years, starting as a former chiropractic assistant. The doctor has then attended postgraduate studies for a total of more than 600 hours of research, trauma and biomechanics specific training.
Currently he is a specialist in neurology, whiplash associated disorders and trauma biomechanics, rehabilitation, impairment evaluation and the treatment of sports injuries. He has completed the National Boards Parts I-IV and Physiotherapy examinations, accepted nationwide but maintains licenses to practice in Connecticut and Massachusetts. The author and publisher of his own web site, which has been recognized for its merit and contribution to the body of literature in the field, have earned Dr. Langlitz the ChiroMaster 2004 and ChiroMaster 2000 award, and the ChiroMaster 99 best splash page award. His has written several articles relating to auto accidents and massage that have been published on Spine Universe.
- Sportriders of New England · Easy Company Paintball Team Physician
- 501st Legion
- Royal Canadian Air Force Snowbirds, 104th FW, Air National Guard - Westfield Air Show Physician -8/2001
- Springfield Blitzin Bears Football Team Physician - 8/2001-2002
Education, Honors & Achievements
- Chiropractic Assistance Procedure Program - Dr. Davini, DC, DABCN, C.A.P.P. – 3/2011 (12 hours)
- Basic Laserology - Erchonia Medical - Dr. Jerome Rerucha – 2/2010 (12 hours)
- Certified Auto Safety Trainer – SRISD 2008
- 13th Annual Scientific Conference - Spine Research Institute of San Diego - Arthur C. Croft, D.C., M.Sc., M.P.H., F.A.C.O. – 11/2008 (12 hours)
- Ethics, Boundaries, Documentation and Record Keeping – Dr. Walkoff, NYCC - 8/2008 (12 hours)
- Certified Motor Vehicle Crash Forensic Risk Analyst – SRISD 2007.
- Certified Chiropractic Wellness Practitioner program, ICA Council on Wellness Science - Dr. Richard Baxter - 2/2007 (12 hours)
- Research into Automotive Safety and Health (CRASH) - Spine Research Institute of San Diego, San Diego, California - Arthur C. Croft, D.C., M.Sc., M.P.H., F.A.C.O. - 8/2006 (36 hours)
- Crash Test Participant - Spine Research Institute of San Diego, San Diego, California - 8/2006 Motor Vehicle Collision Injuries & WAD - Dr Lawrence Nordhoff Jr., D.C., QME, ACTAR - 2/2006 (12 hours)
- Neuromuscular Re-Education Certification - TMMO - Natick - 9/2004 (16 hours)
- Diplomate Program for Chiropractic Neurologists - Carrick Institute for Graduate Studies - UCONN Medical Center - 1997 through 2007 (315 hours)
- Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology - Spine Research Institute of San Diego, San Diego, California - 11/2003 (16 hours)
- Vertigo Symposium, UNCONN MEDICAL CTR - Frederick Robert Carrick, DC, PhD, DACAN, DABCN, DACNB, DAAPM, FACCN (26 hours)
- HIPAA Privacy Rules and Your Practice - Dr. Steven R. Sciuto - 11/2002
- Billing Seminar-Auto/PIP2 - Paul Andrews - 11/2002
- Billing Seminar-Auto/PIP1 - Paul Andrews - 11/2002
- New Era in Whiplash and Spinal Trauma - Dr. Dan Murphy - 10/2001
- AMA Disability Evaluation and the Rating of Physical Impairment, 5th Edition - Dr. Kaplan - 9/2001-10/2001 (36 hours)
- Sports Physician, Gravity Games - Rhode Island - 9/2001
- Personal Injury Expert Witness, Whiplash Traumatologist - 6/2001
- X-ray, Diagnosis & Treatment of Spinal Conditions - Dr. Robert Kuhn, DC, DACBR - 4/2001
- SCU Chiropractic Rehabilitation Diplomate, “Manual Therapy of the Upper Quarter” - Dr. George Defranca - 3/2001
- Principles of Manual Myofascial Therapy - Dr. Michael Schneider - 3/2001
- Chiropractic, Research Review - Mark Slosberg, DC - 2/2000
- Golf Pain: Etiology, Treatment and Prevention - David R. Seaman, DC, MS, DABCN - 6/1999.
- Texas A&M University Accident Reconstruction program - American Academy of Manual & Physical Medicine - W.R. Rusty Haight, Thomas Szabo - 11/1998 (40 hours)
- Certified Disability Evaluation and the Rating of Physical Impairment 4th Edition of the AMA Guides - Dr. Steven Yeomans -1998
- Diplomate Program for Chiropractic Orthopedics - National College of Chiropractic - 1/1998 - 3/1998 (36 hours)
- Diplomate Program for the Chiropractic Rehabilitation Doctor, New York Chiropractic College 12/1997 - 1998 (100 hours)
- Master’s Certification in Whiplash Traumatology, The Advanced Course - Spine Research Institute of San Diego - 7/1997 - 11/1997 (48 hours)
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician, New York Chiropractic College - American Chiropractic Association Council on Sports Injuries and Physical Fitness - 5/1997
- Diplomate Program for Chiropractic Sports Physicians - 1996 - 1997(100 hours)
- Chiropractic Evaluation & Management of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders -1995
- Chiropractic Evaluation & Management of Headaches - 1994
- New York Chiropractic College – Degree: Doctorate of Chiropractic - 4/1995
- Dean’s List for Academic Achievement, New York Chiropractic College – 1995
- National Honor Society for Undergraduate Studies -1991
- Graduate Honors for Springfield Technical Community College -1991
- Dean’s List for Academic Achievement – Springfield Technical Community College - 12/1989 - 4/1991
- Springfield Technical Community College – Degree: Associates Pre-Med. - 9/1989 - 4/1991
- Classical / Central High School – Degree: College Preparatory - 8/1985 - 5/1988
National Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
National Board Certified Parts I-IV and Physiotherapy.
Member American Chiropractic Association.
Member ACA Council on Sports Injuries and Physical Fitness.
Licenses and Certificates
Licensure to practice chiropractic in the states of New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts.
Certified Disability Evaluator.
Certified Whiplash & Brain Injury Traumatologist.
Certified Auto Safety Trainer Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician.
Certified Auto Crash Reconstructionist.
Certified Motor Vehicle Crash Forensic Risk Analyst.
Board Eligible Certified Chiropractic Rehabilitation Doctor.
Board Eligible Chiropractic Neurologist.
Articles Written by George Langlitz, III, CCSP
SpineUniverse, a Vertical Health, LLC website, is committed to ensuring that the medical information it presents is accurate, balanced, objective, and trustworthy.
To help achieve this goal, SpineUniverse requires all authors, editors, and reviewers to disclose any financial relationships or affiliations they have with companies whose products or services may be mentioned in the content they author, edit, or review.
The intent of this policy is to identify any perceived, potential, or real conflicts of interest so that readers can make their own judgments about the value of information being presented.