About Sang-Ho Lee, MD, PhD
Doctor Sang-Ho Lee serves on a number of spinal boards around the world including President-Elect of the International Musculoskeletal Laser Society (IMLAS) and Founding President of the newly established Asian Academy of Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery (AAMISS).
Dr. Lee is the founder and President of the prestigious Wooridul Spine Hospital Group (WHS) in Korea. Wooridul Hospitals are among the most advanced spine centers in the world, concentrating purely on spinal treatments and the advance of Minimally Invasive techniques.
Dr. Lee earned his Medical Degree at the Pusan National University College of Medicine, but has trained extensively in Europe, having obtained Clinical Fellowship at the Universite Rene Descartes in Paris, France. He has practiced at various US universities and hospitals.
Dr. Lee has published more than 50 papers in leading international and national medical journals and contributed to several international text books on the teaching of minimally invasive spinal surgery. Dr. Lee has become particularly regarded for his work in minimally invasive cervical spine surgery. Many modern day techniques have been developed by Dr. Lee and his team at WSH. Percutaneous Endoscopic Cervical Discectomy was first performed by Dr. Lee.
In addition to his medical publications, Dr. Lee is an accomplished poet and translator.
International Text Books
1. Perkutane endoskopische Diskotomie der Halswirbelsaule, Minimal-Invasive Verfahren in der Orthopadie und Traumatologie, Springer, 2001.
2. Percutaneous Cervical Discectomy with Forceps and Endoscopic Ho: YAG Laser, Lasers in the Musculoskeletal System, Springer, 2002.
3. Discectomie Cervicale Percutanee: Indications et resultants, European Encyclopedia of Techniques, 2002.
4. Percutaneous Endoscopic Cervical Discectomy and Stabilization, Endoscopic Spine Surgery and Instrumentation, Thieme, 2003.
1. Lumbar Disc, Yeuleumsa, 1998.
2. Cervical Disc, Yeuleumsa, 1999.
1. The Nature Doctor, by Alfred Vogel, 1996.
2. A Bed by the Window, by Peck M. Scott, 1993.
Is Your Spine Healthy?, Yeuleumsa, 1989.
1. The Beautiful Life, 1968.
2. The Road Beyond the Fog, 1987.
3. New York Dracula, 1996.
SpineUniverse, a Vertical Health, LLC website, is committed to ensuring that the medical information it presents is accurate, balanced, objective, and trustworthy.
To help achieve this goal, SpineUniverse requires all authors, editors, and reviewers to disclose any financial relationships or affiliations they have with companies whose products or services may be mentioned in the content they author, edit, or review.
The intent of this policy is to identify any perceived, potential, or real conflicts of interest so that readers can make their own judgments about the value of information being presented.