About Gabor B. Racz, MD
Gabor Racz, MD is Professor and Chairman Emeritus and Director of Pain Services at Texas Tech University Health Science Center. He currently is working on building an international treatment/research pain center on the Lubbock, TX, campus. In 1977, he became the first Chairman of Anesthesiology at Texas Tech University Health Science Center, and in 1998, he was awarded a $1 million endowed chair in recognition of his "greatness in patient care, teaching and research" at Texas Tech University Health Science Center and University Medical Center.
Internationally recognized for his extensive work in the treatment of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), Dr. Racz is in demand as a visiting professor, consultant, advisor and author. He is a regular faculty member with education groups, including the Dannemiller Memorial Education Foundation, Pain Net, Inc., and Clinical Education Services, Inc. He has earned numerous awards and honors and has published a variety of book chapters and journal articles. Dr. Racz served as house surgeon and physician at the Royal Southern Hospital in Liverpool before coming to the United States in 1963 for an anesthesiology residency at SUNY Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse, NY.
1. Evers W, Racz GB, Dobkin AB: Orahesive as a protection for the teeth during general anesthesia and endoscopy. CASJ 14:123-128, 1967.
2. Evers W, Racz GB, Dobkin AB: A study of plasma potassium and electrocardiographic changes after a single dose of succinylcholine. CASJ 16:273-281, 1969.
3. Evers W, Racz GB: Prevention and treatment of reactions to radiographic contrast media: its life-saving importance. Published by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals. 1969.
4. Thomas ET, Evers W, Racz GB: Post-infusion phlebitis. Anesth and Analg 49:150-59, 1970.
5. Evers W, Racz GB: The anesthesiologist's role in a modern cardiopulmonary resuscitation program in a teaching hospital. York State J Med 80:(15), 2003-2006, 1970.
6. Evers W, Racz GB, Bell EG: Survivance d'Erythrocytes apres usage clinique du mannitol (In vivo, en utilisant le radiosotope) E Preliminaire An Anesth Franc XI, 3 Juillet, Aout, 535-538, 19??.
7. Racz GB: Of dye and dying. Emerg Med Sept:89095, 1970. 8. Racz GB: Humidification in a semi-open system for infant anesthesia. Anesth Anale 50:995-1001, 1971.
9. Racz GB: Tissue concentrations of antibiotic following oral doses of tetracycline phosphate complex. Current Therap Res 13(8):553-557, 1971.
10. Evers W, Racz GB, and Bell EG: Red blood cell survival after mannitol infusion: a clinical study in human volunteers using CR51. Can Anaesth Soc J 18(6):631-651, 1971.
11. Racz GB: Management of respiratory problems in neurosurgical intensive care units. In: Ventilators and Inhalation Therapy AB Dobkin, Editor. Boston: Little, Brown, and Company. p. 209-220, 1972.
12. Evers W, Racz GB, AA Levy: The usage of plastic (Polypropylene) and glass syringes in blood gas analysis: a comparative study. Anesth Analg 51(1):92-97, 1972.
13. Evers W, Racz GB: Les complications de L+usage intraveineux de Ia succinylcholine: dangers, precautions. Ann Anesth Franc XIII, 4:529-533, 1972.
14. Racz GB: Fat Embolism-rationale for treatment. October, 1974.
15. Murray DG, Racz GB: Fat embolism syndrome (Respiratory Insufficiency Syndrome): A rationale for treatment. J Bone and Joint 56A(7):1339-1349, 1974.
16. Parker FB, Jr, GB Racz, Wax SD: The hemodynamics of experimental fat embolism and associated therapy. 65(4):54S-56S, 1974.
17. Evers W, Racz GB: Problems and mistakes in teaching cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Anesth Rean Inten Terap 6:103-108, 1974.
18. Evers W, Racz GB: Occupational hazards in anesthesiology: enzymatic, hematological and electrophoretic changes. Anesth Rean Inten Terap.
19. Racz GB: Pulmonary blood flow in normal and abnormal states. Surg Clinics of N Amer 54(5):967-977, 1974.
20. Racz GB: Now it's respiratory insufficiency syndrome. Emerg Med 155-159, May, 1975.
21. Evers W, Racz GB, Levy AA: Changes in plasma potassium and calcium levels and in the electrocardiogram after a single dose of succinylcholine preceded by D-tubocurarine. CASJ 23(4):383-394, 1976.
22. Gintautas J, Kraynack B, Thomas E, Racz GB: Effects on adenine nycleotides on lidocaine induced contractions in isolated arteries. Proceedings of the Western Pharmacology Society 23:299-300, 1980.
23. Kraynack B, Gintautas J, Kraynack L, Racz GB: Effect of naloxone on ketamine induced narcosis in rats. Proceedings of the Western Pharmacology Society 23:143-146, 1980.
24. Kraynack B, Gintautas J, Kraynack L, Racz GB: Adenosine triphosphate protection of global hypoxia in the mouse. Proceedings of the Western Pharmacology Society 23:295-297, 1980.
25. Kraynack B, Gintautus J, Kraynack L, Racz GB: Effects of adenine guznine and inosine nucleotides on procaine induced nerve blockade in vivo. Proceedings of the Western Pharmacology Society 23:130-144, 1980.
26. Gintautas J, Kraynack B, Racz GB: Responsiveness of isolated cerebral arteries to various pharmacologic agents to transmural electrical stimulation. Proceedings of the Western Pharmacology 23:63-67, 1980.
27. Kraynack B, Gintautus J, Racz GB: Antagonism of procaine conduction block by adenosine 5' triphosphate in vitro. Proceedings of the Western Pharmacology Society 23:429-432, 1980.
28. Gintautas J, Kraynack B, Havasi G, Hughston T, Thomas E, Dolan E, Racz GB: Response of isolated uterine arteries to local anesthetic agents. Proceedings of the Western Pharmacology Society 24:191-192, 1981.
29. Gintautas J, Kraynack B, Hughston T, Thomas E, Racz GB: Activation of coerrulospinal systems by nociceptive stimulus. Proceedings of the Western Pharmacology Society 24:303-304, 1981.
30. Havasi G, Gintautas J, Warren PR, Havasi I, Thomas ET, Racz GB: Reversibility of diazepam overdose by physostigmine. Proceedings of the Western Pharmacology Society 24-109-112, 1981.
31. Havasi 1, Havasi G, Gintautas J, Kilaru N, Racz GB: Physostigmine, naloxone, narcotic and sedatives in patients recovering from general anesthesia. Proceedings of the Western Pharmacology Society 24:27-28, 1981.
32. Lawson NW, Racz GB: What's News. Isoflurane (Forane) -- in search of the ideal anesthetic. Texas Medicine 77:36-37, 1981.
33. Racz GB, Sabonghy M, Gintautas J, Kline WM: Intractable pain therapy using a new type of epidural catheter. JAMA 248:579-580, 1982.
34. Racz GB: Improved vision modification for the Macintosh laryngoscope. Anaesthesia 39:1249-1250, 1984.
35. Racz GB, Heavner JE, Haynsworth R: Repeat epidural phenol injections in chronic pain and spasticity. In Lipton S and Miles J (eds): Persistent Pain Modern Methods of Treatment (VS), London: Grune and Stratton, pp. 157-179, 1985.
36. Racz GB: Technical advance: A new epidural catheter. Persistent Pain-Modern Methods of Treatment (VS), S Lipton and J Miles (eds): London, Grune and Stratton 267-273, 1985.
37. Racz GB, Haynesworth RF, Lipton S: Experiences with an improved epidural catheter. The Pain Clinic, 1985.
38. Lewis R, Racz GB, Fabian G: Therapeutic approaches to reflex sympathetic dystrophy of the upper extremity. Clinical Issues in Regional Anesthesia 1:3 March, 1985.
39. Racz GB, Allen FB: A new pressure-sensitive laryngoscope. Anesthesiology 62:3, 1985.
40. Rosenberg PH, Heavner JE, Racz GB: Comparisons of lidocaine plus reserpine for intravenous regional anesthesia in volunteers. Reg Anesth 10:160-164, 1985.
41. Haynesworth RF Jr, Heavner JE, Racz GB: Continuous brachial plexus blockade using an axillary catheter for treatment of accidental intra-arterial injections. Reg Anesth 10:187-190, 1985.
42. Racz GB, McCarron RG, Talboys P: Percutaneous dorsal column stimulation for chronic pain control. Spine 14:1-4, 1989.
43. Racz GB, Browne T, Lewis R: Peripheral nerve stimulator for treatment of nerve injury (causalgia) caused by electrical burns. Report of two cases. Texas Medicine 84:45-50, 1988.
44. Rosenberg PH, Heavner, JE, Kovach K, Pacinda M, Racz GB: Dural permeability to epinephrine, bupivacaine, lidocaine and phenol. In Wust HJ and Stanton-Hicks M (eds): New Aspects in Regional Anesthesia. Heidelberg, Verlay fur Medizin, pp. 130-137, 1988.
45. Duncan KH, Lewis RC, Nordyke MD, Racz GB: Treatment of upper extremity reflex sympathetic dystrophy with joint stiffness using sympatholytic bier blocks and manipulation. Orthopedics 11:6:883-886, 1988.
46. Heavner JE and Racz GB: Gross and microscopic lesions produced by phenol neurolytic procedures. In Racz GB (ed): Techniques of Neurolysis. Boston, Kluwer Academic Publishers 27-32, 1989.
47. Racz GB, Holubec JT: Lysis of adhesions in the epidural space. In Racz GB (ed): Techniques of Neurolysis. Boston, Kluwer Academic Publishers 57-72, 1989.
48. Racz GB, Heavner JE, Singleton W, Carline M: Hypertonic saline and corticosteroid injected epidurally for pain control. In Racz GB (ed): Techniques of Neurolysis. Boston, Kluwer Academic Publishers 73-86, 1989.
49. Racz GB, Kline WA: Technical advance: New epidural adapter and epidural needle. In Racz GB (ed): Techniques of Neurolysis. Boston, Kluwer Academic Publishers,95-98, 1989.
50. Racz GB, Holubec JT: Stellate ganglion phenol neurolysis. In Racz GB (ed): Techniques of Neurolysis. Boston, Kluwer Academic Publishers 133-144, 1989.
51. Heavner JE, Coates PW, Racz GB: Myelinated fibers of spinal cord blood vessels--sensory innervation. Acta Anatomica, 1989.
52. Heavner JE, Racz GB: Conduction block by lidocaine and bupivacaine: neonate and adult. In Tyler DC and EJ Krane EJ (eds): Advances in Pain Research and Therapy Vol 15. New York, Raven Press 181-186, 1990.
53. Racz GB, Lewis R Jr, Heavner JE, Scott J: Peripheral nerve stimulator implant for treatment of RSD. In Janig W and Boas RA (eds): Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy M Stanton-Hicks. Boston, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 135-141, 1989.
54. Racz GB, Heavner JE, Haynesworth R: Repeat epidural phenol injections in chronic pain and spasticity. In Racz GB (ed): Techniques of Neurolysis. Boston, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 193-212, 1989.
55. Kao YJ, Racz GB: Loss of consciousness after emergence from anaesthesia. Anaesthesia 45:738-740, 1990.
56. Racz GB, Lewis R Jr, Heavner JE, Scott J: Peripheral nerve stimulator implant for treatment of causalgia. In Stanton-Hicks M (ed): Pain and the Sympathetic Nervous System. Boston, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 225-239, 1990.
57. Racz GB, Holubec J, Heavner JE: Lysis of adhesions in the epidural space. La Revista Italiana Per La Clinica Del Delore, June: 19-30, 1990.
58. Arter OE, Racz GB: Pain Management of the Oncologic Patient. Seminars in Surgical Oncology 6:162-172, 1990.
59. Racz GB, Heavner JE: Hypertonic saline and corticosteroid injected epidurally for pain control. La Revista Italiana Per La Clinica Del Delore, Vol 1, No 2, pp. 119-128, 1990.
60. Elenbas RM, Iacono CU, Koellner KJ, Pribble JP, Gratton M, Racz GB, Evans RP: Dose Effectiveness and Safety of Butorphanol in Acute Migraine Headache. Pharmacotherapy 11(1):56-63, 1990
61. Kao YJ, Zavisca FG, Tellez JM, Norton RG, Racz GB: Backache after extradural anaesthesia in the postpartum period: Dissection of thoracic aneurysm. British Journal of Anaesthesia. 67:335-338, 1991.
62. Racz GB, Noe C Colvin J, Heavner JE: Sympathetic nerve block, pelvic, hypogastric plexus block. In Raj JJ (ed.): Practical Management of Pain, Second Edition., 813- 817, 1992.
63. Racz GB, Lewis R, Laros G, Heavner JE: Electrical stimulation analgesia. In Raj JJ (ed.): Practical Management of Pain, Second Edition. 922-933, 1992.
64. Racz GB: Upper cervical lead placement for spinal cord stimulation using percutaneous leads. Technical concept paper for Medtronic. 1993.
65. Rosenberg PH, Heavner JE, Chokhavatia S, McDaniel K, Racz GB: Epiduroscopy with a thin flexible and deflectable fiberscope. Br J Anaesth 72:S1; A233, 1994.
66. Ackerman W, Racz GB, Diede JH: Chronic pain treatment in elderly patients. Pain Digest 4:(3)195-203, 1994.
67. Paggioli JJ, Racz GB: Intravenous and oral anesthetics in pain management: Reflections on intravenous lidocaine and mexiletine. Pain Digest 5:69-72, 1995.
68. Ackerman W, Diede JH, Racz GB: Pain of herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia in the elderly. In Gurkowski MA, Smith B, Bracken C (eds): Anesthesia and pain control in the geriatric patient, McGraw-Hill. 1993.
69. Racz GB, Heavner JE, Diede JH: Epidural approach for lysis of epidural adhesions. In Waldman SD and Winnie AP (eds): The Interventional Pain Management Text, Philadelphia, WB Saunders Co. 1996.
70. Noe C and Racz GB: Radiofrequency ablations for pain relief. In Raj PP (ed): Pain Management: A Comprehensive Review, First Edition., Mosby Yearbook, St. Louis, 1995.
71. Arthur JM and Racz GB: Cryoanalgesia. In Raj PP (ed): Pain Management: A Comprehensive Review, First Edition., Mosby Yearbook, St. Louis, 1995.
72. Kramer DL and Racz GB: Thermography. In Raj PP (ed): Pain Management: A Comprehensive Review, First Edition., Mosby Yearbook, St. Louis, 1995.
73. Sanel H, Racz GB, Diede JH: Atlanto-Occipital injections in the treatment of headache and neck pain. In Waldman SD and Winnie AP (eds): The Interventional Pain Management Text, Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders Co. 1996.
74. Racz GB, Morton A, Diede JH: Sphenopalatine ganglion block. In Waldman SD and Winnie AP (eds): The Interventional Pain Management Text, Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders Co. 1996.
75. Heavner JE, Racz GB Diede JH: Peripheral nerve stimulation-current concepts. In Waldman SD and Winnie AP (eds): The Interventional Pain Management Text, Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders Co. 1996.
76. Racz GB, Heavner JE, Noe CE: Definitions, Classification, and Taxonomy: An Overview. In: Tollison CD and Satterthwaite JR, eds: Sympathetic pain syndromes: Reflex sympathetic dystrophy and causalgia. (Series: State of the Art Reviews: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation) Philadelphia, Hanley and Belfus, Inc. 1996.
77. Stanton-Hicks M, Raj PP, and Racz GB: Use of regional anesthetics for diagnosis of reflex sympathetic dystrophy and sympathetically maintained pain: A critical evaluation. In Janig W and Stanton-Hicks M (eds): Reflex sympathetic dystrophy: A reappraisal, Progress in pain research and management. Seattle, IASP Press, 1996.
78. Racz GB, Heavner JE: Invited Response to Article by Drs. Devulder et al.: Review of article: Devulder, et al: Relevance of epidurography and epidural adhesiolysis in chronic failed back surgery patients. The Clin J of Pain 11:151-158 Raven Press, Ltd. New York, 1995.
79. Racz GB, Heavner JE and Noe CE: Complex regional pain syndrome. Seminars in Anesthesia, 15:1, 70-87, 1996.
80. Racz GB: New techniques in interventional pain management: In New Drugs and Techniques, Seminars in Anesthesia 57: (15)1, 1996.
81. Heavner JE, Racz GB, Shi B: Research in regional anesthesia: epiduroscopy/ myeloscopy/ spinoscopy. ASRA News 1:Aug 1995.
82. Randolph PD and Racz GB: Consider the uncertainty holistic and reductionist considerations in spinal cord stimulation trial and permanent implantation. (Commentary) Pain Forum 5(2): 107-110, 1996.
83. Heavner JE, Shi B, Diede J, Racz GB: Acetaminophen (Paracetamol) use and blood concentration in pain patients. Pain Digest 6:215-218, 1996.
84. Shetter AG, Racz GB, Lewis R, Heavner JE. Peripheral nerve stimulation. In: Neurosurgical Management of Pain. R North, ed. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1997.
85. Randolph PD, Dagher SI, Racz GB: Headache - Migraine. In: Essence of Anesthesia Practice (Handbook/Manual) Michael F. Roizen and Lee A. Fleisher, (ed) 151-152 1997.
86. Arthur JM, Racz GB, : The role of invasive techniques in cancer pain management (Chapter 19). In: Parris WCV, The Principles and Practice of Cancer Pain Management. Newton, Massachusetts, Butterworth-Heinemann 1996.
87. Finch P, Racz GB, McDaniel K: A curved approach to nerve blocks. Pain Digest 7:251-257 1997.
88. Heavner JE, Calvillo O, Racz GB: Thermal grill illusion and complex regional pain syndrome Type I Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. Regional Anesthesia 22(3):257-259, 1997.
89. Racz GB: Subdural blood patch for treatment of spinal headache. Pain Digest 7:211-213, 1997.
90. Paice JA, Winkelmuller W, Burchiel K, Racz GB, Prager JP: Clinical realities and economic considerations: Efficacy of intrathecal pain therapy. Clinical Journal of Pain 14(3)S14-S26, 1997.
91. Bryson B, Copeland S, McCloud C, Sprayberry L, Swann G, Heavner JE, Racz GB and Merrifield HH: The effects of physical therapy after cervical catheterization in patients with chronic unilateral or bilateral cervical and/or upper-extremity pain. Pain Digest 7:62-70 1997.
92. Racz GB, Heavner JE, Raj PP: Epidural neuroplasty. Seminars in Anesthesia 16:4 302-312 1997.
93. Racz TA, McDaniel KE, Racz GB: Trial spinal cord stimulation via stimulating epidural catheter. Current Medicine, 1:384-390, 1997.
94. Ackerman WE and Racz GB: Comparison of the efficacy of a low-volume stellate ganglion block with a âtraditionalâ technique. Pain Digest 8:80-84 1998.
95. Goodrich MS, Cogan D, Randolph P and Racz GB: The Prediction of Pain Using Measures of Sleep Quality. Pain Digest 8:23-25 1998.
96. Racz GB, Heavner JE, Raj PP: Nonsurgical management of spinal radiculopathy by the use of lysis of adhesions. In Aronoff GM, ed.: Evaluation and Treatment of Chronic Pain, Third Edition.______pub, date, city, st,
97. Racz GB: Botulinum toxin as a new approach for refractory pain syndromes. Pain Digest 8:355-358 1998.
98. Heavner JE, Racz GB, Raj PP, Shi B: Pain Measurements Scales: Complementary or Contradictory? Pain Digest 8:282-285 1998.
99. Kao J, Racz GB: Laser pointer as a teaching tool in operating rooms. Anesthesiology 88:2, Feb 1998.
100. Racz GB: Pain Digest 8:17 17. (Reviewer for Christopher Wenger Grand Rounds) Wenger CC: Radiofrequency lesions for the treatment of spinal pain. Pain Digest 8:17 1-16
101. Racz GB, Heavner JE, Noe C: Do Neurolytic blocks have a role in chronic nonmalignant Pain? Current Review of Pain 2:3, 181-186, 1998.
102. Lou L and Racz GB: Tutorial 38: Examination of Trigger Points That Produce Pain syndrome. Pain Digest 8:364-375, 1998.
103. Racz GB: La utilizacion de la Toxina Botulinica Tip A en el manejo del Dolor. Revista Sobre Algesia y Analgesia, ano III, No 1, 70-73, 1998.
104. Racz GB, Heavner JE and Raj PP: Percutaneous epidural neuroplasty: Prospective One-Year Follow-Up. Pain Digest 9:97-102, 1999.
105. Heavner JE, Racz GB, Raj PP: Percutaneous epidural neuroplasty: Prospective Evaluation of 0.9% NaCL Versus 10% NaCL With or Without Hyaluronidase. Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine May-June 24(3): 202-207, 1999.
106. Racz GB, Heavner JE and Raj PP: Nonsurgical management of spinal radiculopathy by the use of lysis of adhesions.
107. Calvillo O, Racz GBN, Diede J, Smith K: Neuroaugmentation in the treatment of complex regional pain syndrome of the upper extremity. Acta Orthopaedica Belgica, 64-1, 57-63, 1998.
108. Raj PP, Thomas J, Heavner J, Racz GB, Lou L, Day M and Shaw BC: The Development of a Technique for Radiofrequency Lesioning of Splanchnic Nerves. Current Review of Pain 3:377-387. 1999
109. Skabelund C and Racz GB: Indications and Technique of Thoracic2 and thoracic 3 Neurolysis. Current Review of Pain 3:400-405. 1999.
110. Racz GB and Harris C: Regional anesthesia for the trauma patient. In Grande C (ed) International Trauma and Critical Care Society.
111. Anderson SR, Racz GB, Heavner J: Evolution of epidural lysis of adhesions. Pain Physician 3:262-270, 2000.
112. Heavner JE, Coates PW and Racz GB: Myelinated fibers of spinal cord blood vessels â Sensory innervation. Current Review of Pain 4:353-355, 2000.
113. Cramer G, Schwarzentraub P, Oliva CM, Racz GM: Complex regional pain syndrome: Preemptive treatment in repeat surgery. Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery. 39:6, 387-391, Nov-Dec 2000
114. Racz GB, Anderson SR, Sizer PS, Phelps V: Atlantoccipital and atlantoaxial injections. In Waldman SD, ed.: The treatment of headache and neck pain. W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, pp 295-305.
115. Day M, Racz GB: Sphenopalatine ganglion blockade. In Waldman SD, ed: The treatment of headache and neck pain. W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, pp 307-315.
116. Lou L, Racz GB, Heavner J: Percutaneous epidural neuroplasty. In Waldman SD, ed: The treatment of headache and neck pain. W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, pp 434-445.
117. Heavner JE, Racz GB , Raj PP: Peripheral nerve stimulation. Current Concepts: In Waldman SD, ed: The treatment of headache and neck pain. W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, pp 589-592.
118. Racz GB, Noe C, Heavner JE. Selective Spinal Injections for Lower Back Pain. Current Review of Pain. 3(5):333-341, 1999.
119. Lou L, Racz GB: Spinal Decompressive Neuroplasty via the Caudal and Cervical Approaches. In Raj PP, ed.: Textbook of Regional Anesthesia. Churchill Livingston (Elsevier Science), New York, pp 647-665, 2002.
120. Racz GB, Erdine S: Trigeminal Ganglion Procedures. In Raj PP, ed.: Textbook of Regional Anesthesia. Churchill Livingston (Elsevier Science), New York, pp 801-808, 2002.
121. Report of an Expert Panel. World Institute of Pain, Pain Practice vol 2, 1, pp 1-16, 2002.
122. Stanton-Hicks MD, Racz GB, et al: Interdisciplinary Clinical Pathway for CRPS: Report of an Expert Panel. World Institute of Pain, Pain Practice vol 2, 1, pp 1-16, 2002.
123. Racz GB, et al: Review Article on Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Interventional Management. Critical Reviews in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine.
124. Kao YJ, Racz GB, Hassenbusch S: Intrathecal clonidine infusion.
125. Chong GS, Cogan D, Randolph P, Racz GB: Chronic Pain and Self-efficacy: The Effects of Age, Sex, and Chronicity. Pain Practice, 1(4) 338-343, 2001
126. Dominguez E, Latif O, Rozen D, Sahinler B, Orbegozo M, Edmunds A, Lou L, Day M, Racz GB, Raj PP: Subdural Blood Patch for the Treatment of Persistent CSF Leak After Permanent Intrathecal Catheter Implantation: A Report of Two Cases. Pain Practice, 1(4) 344-353, 2001
127. Dominguez E, Sahinler B, Bassam D, Day M, Lou L, Racz GB, Raj PP: Predictive Value of intrathecal Narcotic Trials for Long-Term therapy with Implantable Drug Administration systems in Chronic Non-Cancer Pain Patients. Pain Practice 2(4)315-325, 2002.
Submitted and In Press:
1. Racz GB: In Jain and Botet, ed.: Radiological Aspects of Neurology. Elsevier Publishing Co. In press. 1989.
2. Evens R, M Gratton, CU Iacono, K Koellner, J Pribble, GB Racz. Dose Effectiveness and Safety of Butorphanol in Acute Migraine Headache. Pharmacotherapy. Jan-Feb 1991. In press.
3. Carter B, Racz GB. Iliohypogastric nerve entrapment in pregnancy: Diagnosis and treatment. Anesth Analg, 1994. (in press)
5. Racz GB: Review in Gozal Y, Shapira SC, Gozal D, Magora F: Bupivacaine would infiltration in thyroid surgery reduces postoperative pain and opioid demand. Pain Digest submitted April 1995.
6. Racz GB: Review in George KA, Wright PMC, Chiskuta AM, Rao NVS: Thoracic epidural analgesia compared with patient controlled intravenous morphine after upper abdominal surgery. Pain Digest, April 1995.
7. Racz GB: Review in Moore UF, Marsh VR, Aston CH, Seymour RA: Effects of peripherally and centrally acting analgesics on somatosensory evoked potentials. Pain Digest, November 1995.
8. Racz GB: Review in Dickenson AH: Spinal cord pharmacology of pain. Pain Digest, November 1995.
9. Racz GB: Review in Katz JA, Sehlhorst S, Blisard KS: Histopathologic changes in primate spinal cord after single and repeated epidural phenol administration. Pain Digest, November 1995.
10. Racz GB: Invited review Clinical Notes - Pain: In Richardson J: Facilitation of spinal cord stimulator implantation with epidural analgesia. Submitted October 1995.
16. Racz GB: Anesthetic techniques in pain management Chapter in Current Review of Pain Vol 2, no. 3.
17. Racz GB: Section editor of Advanced Interventional Techniques in Pain Management for Pain Digest.
18. Racz GB, Lox D; Selective spinal injections for lower back pain to the physical medicine and rehabilitation: State of the art reviews volume on low back pain.
19. Racz GB, Noe C: Pain clinic treatment in emergency medicine and intensive care, chapter in book edited by Maria Sol Carrasco-Jimenez, University of Puerto Real, Cadiz.
20. Racz GB: Cryoanalgesia and Radiofrequency in Principles and Practice of Pain Management, edited by Carol A. Warfield. In Press July 2000.
21. Racz GB and Day M: Epidural lysis of adhesions in Pain Syndromes and Treatments, edited by Serdar Erdine for Turkish doctors.
130. Racz GB and Day M: Caudal steroid injection techniques with adhesiolysis. Pain Digest special volume edited by Prithvi Raj and J Van Zundert.
131. Racz GB, Erdine S: Trigeminal Neuralgia In Raj pain book. 2000. Not sent to publisher yet.
132. Racz GB, et al: Review Article on Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Interventional Management. Critical Reviews in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine. Manuscript
133. Kao YJ, Racz GB, Hassenbusch S: Intrathecal clonidine infusion.
134. Zavisca FG, Johnson MD, Holubec JT, Kao YJ, Racz GB. General anesthesia for cesarean section in a parturient with single ventricle and pulmonary atresia. J Clin Anesth. Jul-Aug 5(4): 315-20, 1993.
1. Racz GB, P Ikins, M Svie. 1972. l6mm movie. Pneumothorax recognition and treatment.
1. Racz GB, Colvin J: Use of dual purpose catheter and therapy for benign and malignant pain. Lubbock, TTUHSC Department of Anesthesiology, 1991.
2. Racz GB, Heavner, JE, et al. 1992: epidural space: identification of filling defects & lysis of adhesions in the treatment of chronic painful conditions. Lubbock, TTUHSC Department of Anesthesiology, 1992.
3. Racz GB, Colvin J: Spinal cord stimulation: use of dual purpose catheter and therapy for benign and malignant pain. Lubbock, TTUHSC Department of Anesthesiology, 1994.
4. Racz GB: OR Procedures, 11th Annual Pain Symposium, Lubbock, Texas, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center 1994.
5. Racz GB: Lectures: Lysis of epidural adhesions update / neuroaugmentation. 11th Annual Pain Symposium, Lubbock, Texas, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center 1994.
6. Racz GB, Diede JH, Dagher S, Heavner JE: A new technique for lumbar sympatholysis using radiofrequency thermal coagulation and somatic nerve block. Lubbock, TTUHSC Department of Anesthesiology 1995.
7. The 3-D Technique for Cervical Epidural Catheterization in Treating Cervical Pain. Premiered at American Society of Anesthesiology Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana.
8. Racz GB, Hammer M, Diede J, Heavner J.: Double Epidural Catheter Technique for Pain Management. Premiered at American Society of Anesthesiology Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana.
9. Lectures and Procedures of 13th Annual Pain Symposium: Series of lectures and procedures on 18 tapes. Lubbock, Texas, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center 1996.
10. Lectures and Procedures of 13th Annual Pain Symposium: Series of lectures and procedures on 11 tapes. Lubbock, Texas, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center 1997.
1. Philibin RJ, JS Israel, GB Racz. 1976. Procedure manual for Respiratory Therapy Department. State University of New York, Upstate Medical Center.
2. Racz GB, et al, Eds. 1977. An Approach Respiratory Therapy. Pub. American Academy of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology.
3. May WS, JE Heavner, D McWhorter, GB Racz. 1985. Capnography in the Operating Room. New York: Raven Press.
4. Racz GB, Editor Problems and Advances in Respiratory Therapy, International Anesthesiology Clinics, Vol. 24, No 1. . Boston: Little and Brown and Company. 1986.
5. Racz GB, Ed. Techniques of Neurolysis. 1989. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
1. Bradford DH and Perry GF, (eds): Chronic Pain Series, Vol. 4, No. 4, Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott Company, 1990.
2. Racz GB (reviewer of): Hare BD and Fine PG, eds.: Problems in Anesthesia, Chronic Pain Series, J. B. Lippincott Co. 1990. Review in Anesth Analg. 4:4, 100-01, 1990.
1. Heavner JE, GB Racz. 1984. Dural Permeability to Phenol. Abs. World Fed Soc of Anaesth A228.
2. Racz GB, JE Heavner, DK Beech, M Hildebrand. 1984. Repeat peridural injections of phenol for pain and spasticity therapy in nonterminal as well as terminal patients. 8th World Congress. Book of Abstract I 153.
3. Heavner JE, P Coates, PH Rosenberg, GB Racz, K Barron. 1986. Inhibition of MAO A and MASO B activity by tetracaine vs a tetracaine homologue. Abs 62nd Annual Meeting. SWARM Division. AAAS :28.
4. Heavner JE, PH Rosenberg, GB Racz, K Barron. 1986. Local anesthetic inhibitory action against monamine oxidase may play a role in spinal anesthesia. Abs 4th Cong of European Soc of Reg. Anaes.
5. Pacinda M, JE Heavner, GB Racz. 1986. Optimal resting tension of canine anterior spinal artery rings for in vitro pharmacology studies. Abs 62nd Annual Meeting. SWARM Division AAAS 28.
6. Barron K, JE Heavner, GB Racz. 1986. Inhibition of MAO A and B activity by tetracaine vs a tetracaine homologue. Abs 62nd Annual Meeting. SWARM Division AAAS :28.
7. Heavner JE, PH Rosenberg, GB Racz, A Alila, M Cason. 1986. Local anesthetic facilitation of local anesthetic passage through the dura. Abs Annual Meeting Am Soc Reg Anesth :44.
8. Heavner JE, P Coates, GB Racz. 1986. Blood vessels of the spinal cord are innervated by myelinated and unmyelinated fibers. Abs 16th Annual Meeting Soc Neurosci 143:16.
9. Heavner JE, GB Racz, W Singleton, M Carline. 1987. Epidural injection of hypertonic and corticosteroid for pain control. Pain Suppl 4:256.
10. Heavner JE, K Barton, GB Racz, PH Rosenberg. 1987. Inhibition of MAO A and MAI B activity by tetracaine vs a tetracaine homologue. V-MAC Vet Surgery 16:321.
11. Heavner JE, K Koellner, CU Iacono, J Holubec, GB Racz. 1987. Plasma catecholamine levels during acute migraine attacks. Abs 6th Int'l Cat.
12. Heavner JE, M Allon, GB Racz. 1988. Urinary bladder distension in anesthetized rats: a source of cardiac arrhythmias and other CV changes. Anesthesiology 69:Al 17.
13. McCarron RF, GB Racz, P Talboys: Percutaneous dorsal column stimulation for chronic pain control. North American Spine Society. #12 (#1:134), 1988.
14. Racz GB, O Arter, C Noe, JE Heavner: Diagnostic and neurolytic hypogastric plexus blockade for pelvic pain. Abs NYPGA , 293: 1989.
15. Racz GB, J Colvin, JE Heavner. 1990. Spinal cord stimulation: use of a dual purpose catheter in screening and therapy for benign and malignant pain. Abs NYPGA: 279
16. Racz GB, JE Heavner. 1991. AristocortR and Depo-MedrolR passage through a 0.2 u filter. Abs Reg Anesth 15:25.
17. Schaub LP, GB Racz, JE Heavner, J Colvin, JM Badgwell. 1990. Use of peripheral nerve stimulation in pediatric patients with neuropathic pain (reflex sympathetic dystrophy, causalgia). Abs 2nd Intl Symp Ped Pain. 6:95, April 1991.
18. Kao, YJ, Tan Mian, Sam Kleinman, GB Racz. 1993. Hyperkalaemia: a complication of warm heart surgery. Abs. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia: 67-70.
19. Arthur J, Racz GB, Heinrich R, Diede JH, McCann M, Wilson E, Heavner J C., Noe C: Epidural Space: Identification of Filling Defects and Lysis of Adhesions in the Treatment of Chronic Painful Conditions. International Association for the Study of Pain, 7th World Congress on Pain, Paris, France, August, 1993.
20. Arthur J, Racz GB. 1993. The Role of invasive techniques in the management of cancer pain. Abs. Dannemiller Memorial Education Foundation.
21. Rosenberg PH, Heavner JE, Chokhavatia S, McDaniel K, Racz GB. Epiduroscopy with a thin flexible and deflectable fiberscope. Br J Anaesth 72:S1; A233, 1994.
22. Heavner JE, Shi B, Diede JH, Racz GB: Acetaminophen use and blood concentration in pain patients. Abs. Anesthesiology 83:3. September 1995.
23. Heavner J, Shi B, Diede J, Racz GB: Acetaminophen use and blood concentration in pain patients. Abs. Anesthesiology 866, 1995. 24. World Congress, hosted by WIP, Istanbul, Turkey, 2001.
SpineUniverse, a Vertical Health, LLC website, is committed to ensuring that the medical information it presents is accurate, balanced, objective, and trustworthy.
To help achieve this goal, SpineUniverse requires all authors, editors, and reviewers to disclose any financial relationships or affiliations they have with companies whose products or services may be mentioned in the content they author, edit, or review.
The intent of this policy is to identify any perceived, potential, or real conflicts of interest so that readers can make their own judgments about the value of information being presented.